Euro 2028

6 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

51 games. 28 in England. 6 each in ROI, Scotland and Wales, 5 in NI.

Opener at Cardiff and semis and final at Wembley.

England should just have it on their own.

Yaaawn.  It will take a whole lot of media hype to generate interest in this.  Maybe England will finally win something on home soil and we can all then (literally) move on.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm not sure there's ever not "a need" or "demand" for a multinational football tournament in our country which can literally keep business' doors open off the back of it.

How many businesses are going to live or die off the back of half a dozen football matches, taking place in five years' time? 

19 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Would prefer Celtic Park or Ibrox to be Scotland's venue, Hampden I'd a bit soulless.

However, are they worried about upsetting one Old Firm lot or another, if they picked one of their stadiums?

Neither of these grounds should be used if our national stadium is available.

FTOF.

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Villa have cancelled North Stand redevelopment, so capacity will stay at ~42k for foreseeable future. Not sure if this rules us out of Euro 2028 hosting duties.

i cannot see any news of that online, Why after all the various planning applications and removal of the live venue are they pulling this.

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

is there a season ticket waiting list?

I would have thought Villa could have filled the extra seats 

is the cancellation possibly them thinking about lost revenue in the Champions league ?

There's a 30,000 waiting list apparently. I can understand what they are saying that it wouldn't be great to add another 10,000 people each week when the local transport infrastructure is already woefully inadequate. However, if we are waiting on Birmingham City Council to bother their arses to improve things, we won't expand the ground before the Heat Death of the Universe. Especially now that the city is bankrupt.

Judging by the last couple of years they'll probably just assume they can make up the shortfall in lost attendance by charging those of us that do go even more. It's already gone from one of the cheapest season tickets in the top flight to one of the most expensive and I can see them asking for £1,000 before too long. Especially now we are actually doing well, for once!

Edited by Bully Wee Villa