Livi v Motherwell - 07/10/23

Game has been turgid which is hardly surprising given the weather and surface. 

Probably turned now on the red card. Probably the right decision as the Livi player would have been through 1 on 1 but one of those where it was not intentional. Miller clips the boys heels but does not know much about it. 

Would take a point now of course but suspect it will probably be a narrow loss incoming as Livi should dominate from here on in.

Seen a few replays of the red card. Contact looked minimal but there was no real complaints from Miller so there must have been something in it. 

Looks like we'll just need to sit in for the 2nd half and try and sneak a point. I'd even take off Bair for a midfielder. Let's face it, none of our strikers will score so we may as well match Livi over the rest of the park. 

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

Miller had his hands up to say I never touched him, or I want you to think I never touched him, not sure which

From what I could see he does clip him, but again it was minimal contact and not deliberate as Livi player runs in front of Miller and his momentum just catches the Livi player. Problem is he was last man imho and the Livi player would have been through on Kelly. So technically a red card and correct decision. 

Bit of inexperience from Miller there should be protesting more causing a fuss making the officials scratch their heads more and cast doubt over the red. Reckon that could’ve been overturned as in the few replays they showed on steam you can’t point out the contact. 

Fair to say we are not getting the rub of the green at the moment. Nothing in the 1st half at all. If anything we had more activity around their box. 

Nothing to lose now so much try and create opportunities to try and get a point. 

Our bright start to the season starting to fall apart 🤷‍♂️