Livi v Motherwell - 07/10/23

SHE'S FINE THANKS

We might not be though, have we ever beaten Motherwell? I'm not convinced. Praying to all the gods that Devlin is back, defence doesn't look anywhere near as settled without him. Parkes is probably the most obvious replacement if not.

George

de Lucas  -  Obileye  -  Devlin

Mackay  -  Holt  -  Sangare  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Nouble

Anderson

Going for a very ugly 1-1.

I hope both teams will be remembering the tragic circumstances that happened during the week and will be marking it accordingly.

Imagine Celtic conceding a goal and losing the game in the 95 minute?

Obviously one minute of applause; laugher and general derision.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

SHE'S FINE THANKS

We might not be though, have we ever beaten Motherwell? I'm not convinced. Praying to all the gods that Devlin is back, defence doesn't look anywhere near as settled without him. Parkes is probably the most obvious replacement if not.

George

de Lucas  -  Obileye  -  Devlin

Mackay  -  Holt  -  Sangare  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Nouble

Anderson

Going for a very ugly 1-1.

I'd certainly be happy with a 1-1 draw at the moment; biggest question though; will Devlin be fit and able to last 90 minutes?

With the international break coming up its possible that Martindale will continue to rest him until the Killie game.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

We might not be though, have we ever beaten Motherwell? 

One of the best performances in recent memory of a Livi team for me came from a few seasons ago where we absolutely battered Motherwell and even then it finished 1-0. Even after such dominance I'm pretty sure they hit the post in the last few minutes. 

My main hope for this game is to see Martindale employ his attacking team / style. Our biggest weakness is goal scoring so it would be good to see how we fair when we set up to win rather than avoid defeat. 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Honestly lads I really wouldn't worry about whoever you end up with at centreback

You gave both of the old firm a hard game; by contrast in two league and one cup game we've conceded 11 goals without reply. 

If this was away to them we'd have no chance, we might manage another home draw against them though. Given how close Motherwell came to taking a draw against Celtic, and only losing 1-0 against Sevco, and are sitting above us in the league, i can see Martindale setting us up really defensively, and dropping Anderson to the bench for Guthrie up front, shelling long balls to him. 

Hope i'm wrong.

5 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

One of the best performances in recent memory of a Livi team for me came from a few seasons ago where we absolutely battered Motherwell and even then it finished 1-0. Even after such dominance I'm pretty sure they hit the post in the last few minutes. 

My main hope for this game is to see Martindale employ his attacking team / style. Our biggest weakness is goal scoring so it would be good to see how we fair when we set up to win rather than avoid defeat. 

I remember that game and fully accept we would have stolen a point that day.  Was it the Mugabi up front game?

8 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

I like Theo Bair, his hold up play has been perfectly fine so far, but he HAS to start chipping in with some goals. I don’t think much of what I’ve seen of Shaw. 

Bair has done far better than I was expecting and his hold up and link up play is pretty decent, but he hasn’t looked close to scoring since that opening game at Dundee. I can’t even think of many (any?) shots on target he’s had since then. Wouldn’t be against seeing Wilkinson starting up front for this one. 

Big game this one to try and get the ball rolling again after nothing to show from 3 good performances. It’ll be tight, and hope we can sneak it 1-0 but wouldn’t be devastated with a point. 

39 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

I like Theo Bair, his hold up play has been perfectly fine so far, but he HAS to start chipping in with some goals. I don’t think much of what I’ve seen of Shaw. 

Bair won’t score until he has a partner (or his partner might).  We are set up for the midfielders to score until we change formation.