Livi v Motherwell - 07/10/23

12 minutes ago, shivute said:

Not driven to livi before. Best place to park. Assuming a kinda later arrival

There's the parking at the shopping centre but will cost you so alternatively you can park at St Margarets Academy or Quarrywood Ct, Livingston EH54 6AX. Both are a 5-10 min walk at most from the stadium and are free with plenty space.

55 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I don’t know how drains and plastic pitches work?

Anyway I’m looking forward to the game if it’s on.

Drainage for our pitch doesn't seem to be too good in all honesty. Few years ago it rained like this before a game with Aberdeen and the game was postponed just before kick off due to the amount of water on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Canny be any worse than that Scotland game at Hampden, squeegees at the ready. 

Fecking ref better no come out and give it a bounce test 2 mins before KO and declare it unplayable, like he did when we played Aberdeen, the p***k.

Was that a one-off or do you have a history of call-offs with drainage problems? Expecting lots of games to be off to be honest.

Edit: Livi La Vida Loca has pretty much answered while I was posting  

Edited by Archie McSquackle

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

Was that a one-off or do you have a history of call-offs with drainage problems? Expecting lots of games to be off to be honest.

That particular game had a couple of call offs, think one was for snow and the other rain. Hasn't been too bad really, our old grass pitch was murder, about the only time it wasn't in danger of being postponed was when it was sunny. Drainage was murder, slightest bit of rain and you feared the worst.

It's mostly been when we're in the snowy season we're at risk now, from frost, then you get the all weather pitch comments..

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

That particular game had a couple of call offs, think one was for snow and the other rain. Hasn't been too bad really, our old grass pitch was murder, about the only time it wasn't in danger of being postponed was when it was sunny. Drainage was murder, slightest bit of rain and you feared the worst.

It's mostly been when we're in the snowy season we're at risk now, from frost, then you get the all weather pitch comments..

All weather my arse...😅

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I assume any problems with drainage will be down to the layers below the pitch and the drainage infrastructure, all of which should be designed for significantly greater rainfall than this. 

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Does the pitch get rented out on a Saturday morning or kept free for the Livi match.  Has there been any football on it this morning?

Yeah what you and i would play on, and what the SFA deems playable for the safety of pro footballers are two different things. 

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

I assume any problems with drainage will be down to the layers below the pitch and the drainage infrastructure, all of which should be designed for significantly greater rainfall than this. 

From memory i think the drains around the pitch were blocked with slush from melting snow, and it had nowhere to go, which wont be the case today. 

Anyway, if there was a chance it would be off you'd think it would've had a pitch inspection announced by now, so fingers crossed continual rain up to 3PM wont change that any.

Just been on the A71 and flooded all over the place. Passable but down to one lane (middle of the road) so need to be patient. Give yourself more time and arrive safe.

looking at the Beeb it seems the weather is improving after about 3pm - not that it will do us much good.