scottish amateur cup 23/24

ammyo1

34 minutes ago, bobbydazzler said:

cupar x2 back to back champions. sure to get up to #2 on some random standings

Well, no, because Garrowhill aren’t ranked particularly highly. Strange to want them to be ranked highly if you clearly don’t rate the rankings, but anyway…

Garrowhill done incredibly well to get to the final but it was a foregone conclusion, really, if we’re all honest.

I thought it was an absolutely rotten game. I’m amateur football’s biggest advocate and supporter but I felt the spectacle was quite poor overall. Cupar done reasonably well in the second half but finals are just about results rather than amazing performances, so fair play to them.

Delighted tonight, buzzing for the town and the team. 

Cupar should’ve had the game wrapped up in the first half, hopefully the Garrowhill player injured is okay. 

back to back Scottish cups, incredible achievement.

amazing achievement for cupar to win back to back scottish cups. they hold on to their best ammy team in scotland for a little while longer.

absoutely dreadful game, misplaced passes, long balls into corners most of the times, from both teams. both looked very off it, for being finalists. cupar finished the game sharper though and killed off any comeback with the third, congrats to both finalists .

Posted (edited)

Fabulous achievement for the Hertz. Just shows what a wee town club can achieve. Majority of local boys who know how much their fitba team means to the community. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd get the Holy Grail once, twice is surreal. Life in oor wee corner of Fife is pretty sweet this morning again. You can use any definition you like, compare any league you want but without a shadow of a doubt Cupar Hearts are the best Ammie club in Scotland and have proved it on the park against their peers. 'Mon the Hertz. 

Edited by dugman

43 minutes ago, dugman said:

Fabulous achievement for the Hertz. Just shows what a wee town club can achieve. Majority of local boys who know how much their fitba team means to the community. Never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd get the Holy Grail once, twice is surreal. Life in oor wee corner of Fife is pretty sweet this morning again. You can use any definition you like, compare any league you want but without a shadow of a doubt Cupar Hearts are the best Ammie club in Scotland and have proved it on the park against their peers. 'Mon the Hertz. 

Looked like great scenes last night in the town when the team got back, the cross was bouncing.

11 hours ago, Brad Bobley said:

Well, no, because Garrowhill aren’t ranked particularly highly. Strange to want them to be ranked highly if you clearly don’t rate the rankings, but anyway…

Garrowhill done incredibly well to get to the final but it was a foregone conclusion, really, if we’re all honest.

I thought it was an absolutely rotten game. I’m amateur football’s biggest advocate and supporter but I felt the spectacle was quite poor overall. Cupar done reasonably well in the second half but finals are just about results rather than amazing performances, so fair play to them.

Imo the Hampden pitch is too big and it ruins the spectacle. Obviously for the players it's a great feeling to play at Hampden but I don't think playing the game there does much at all for the spectacle, pace and quality of the game.

5 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Imo the Hampden pitch is too big and it ruins the spectacle. Obviously for the players it's a great feeling to play at Hampden but I don't think playing the game there does much at all for the spectacle, pace and quality of the game.

I wholeheartedly agree. Fir Park, Easter Road, Tynecastle, etc. all surely much better options.