scottish amateur cup 23/24

ammyo1

St. Patrick's FP, who are possibly the best amateur team in Scotland, lost 3-2 to Gartcosh United in yesterday's 1st Round.  Gartcosh United have a chance of winning the whole thing, Castlemilk Old Boys Club and Drumchapel also have a good chance, and what about Cupar Hearts doing 2 in a row?

Bannockburn and Annbank United also possibilities.

22 hours ago, mcruic said:

St. Patrick's FP, who are possibly the best amateur team in Scotland, lost 3-2 to Gartcosh United in yesterday's 1st Round.  Gartcosh United have a chance of winning the whole thing, Castlemilk Old Boys Club and Drumchapel also have a good chance, and what about Cupar Hearts doing 2 in a row?

with st pats going out, a lot of big teams will fancy their chances, along with some perhaps smaller names hoping to get luck of draw on route to latter stages..magic of the cup!

just look at steins, ekrr + ek colts all getting to last 4 with former making the final, they’ll fancy it again as will some more lesser fancied sat afternoon + morn teams.

second round draw I’m sure is this week or next midweek, and second round opens up to all regions so will be some interesting ties for sure.

23 hours ago, mcruic said:

What Drumchapel? Amateurs (Caley League) or Utd (Morning)?

On 09/10/2023 at 12:34, ammyo1 said:

with st pats going out, a lot of big teams will fancy their chances, along with some perhaps smaller names hoping to get luck of draw on route to latter stages..magic of the cup!

just look at steins, ekrr + ek colts all getting to last 4 with former making the final, they’ll fancy it again as will some more lesser fancied sat afternoon + morn teams.

second round draw I’m sure is this week or next midweek, and second round opens up to all regions so will be some interesting ties for sure.

Yes it depends a lot on the draw - Steins didn't play any Top 10 teams on their way to last season's final - Doune Castle and Wishaw HSFP benig perhaps the best teams they faced.

second round draw tomorrow where it opens up to all regions, and a lot of first round ties still to be played from last weekends postponements and replays.

im sure everyone is after a big away day while the weather is still decent(ish) 🤣

Total nightmare for the Aberdeen based Clubs with Aberdeen playing at Hampden the same day access to Buses is pretty much non existent...Aberdeen is pretty much a one club city and with them taking large numbers to Hampden it makes things very hard for these teams due to play that day in terms of travel, not like Scottish Football to make things difficult

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some tasty draws will come up now with some of the teams remaining.

Last 16, as of today:

Shortlees

Mauchline

Cowie Thistle or Sandys

Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers

Drumchapel United

Doune Castle

Glenburn Miners

Annbank

Cupar Hearts

Gartcosh

Giffnock North or Balgonie Scotia

Garrowhill Thistle

Greig Park Rangers

Castlemilk OBC

Steins Thistle

Greenock HSFPs

On 03/02/2024 at 19:13, Brad Bobley said:

Some tasty draws will come up now with some of the teams remaining.

Last 16, as of today:

Shortlees

Mauchline

Cowie Thistle or Sandys

Wishaw Wycombe Wanderers

Drumchapel United

Doune Castle

Glenburn Miners

Annbank

Cupar Hearts

Gartcosh

Giffnock North or Balgonie Scotia

Garrowhill Thistle

Greig Park Rangers

Castlemilk OBC

Steins Thistle

Greenock HSFPs

I agree. Standard of teams very good and potential for some cracking games. Who’s peoples favourites? I think castlemilk obc will be fancying their chances this year, very good team, then you’ve got last years winners and runners up wanting to go again, Greenock looking good. Very interesting 

54 minutes ago, ThePlayer said:

I agree. Standard of teams very good and potential for some cracking games. Who’s peoples favourites? I think castlemilk obc will be fancying their chances this year, very good team, then you’ve got last years winners and runners up wanting to go again, Greenock looking good. Very interesting 

I’ll get back to you when I see Thursday’s draw (!). On paper your favourites are probably Castlemilk. They’re going from strength to strength, albeit with some questionable social media conduct at the weekend which has now been deleted or else I could’ve seen them in a wee bit of hot water. 😂

I actually think it looks very open and a lot of teams will fancy their chances.

Castlemilk are favourites but not unbeatable.

Drumchapel United are dark horses. Already beat well fancied Annbank in The West Cup a couple of weeks ago they'll fancy their chances again anyone at home.