Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

stupid errors that you’d expect in League 1.

We cannot defend a throw-in and don't move off the ball. I would say even Sunday amateur level those errors wouldn't be happening. On top of that the slack passing.

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

Is there any specific reason why he's never broke through there? Would walk into most teams in this league imo

He's a luxury player and the guys he's competing with at United are either better, harder working or both. Most United fans would have been happy enough for him to stay but not at the expense of the guys who are already ahead of him in the queue, imo.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

He's a luxury player and the guys he's competing with at United are either better, harder working or both. Most United fans would have been happy enough for him to stay but not at the expense of the guys who are already ahead of him in the queue, imo.

Chalmers gets called a luxury player, as he has so much technical ability but he works like f**k - it just isn’t true. 

Which of your wide midfielders are better than him, and what at? Genuinely interested. Happy with those thoughts to continue though - four goals and two assists in six games!

49 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

For anyone who watched/was at the game how did Ahui do? Cause if McAllister’s injury means he’s out for any significant period gonna have to get use to Ahui playing 

Had a very decent game.
I admit to fearing the worst when I heard the team, but he put in a solid performance and only let his man get past him twice that I could see.  Some good tackling and jostling of his man, definetely a player much improved.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Chalmers gets called a luxury player, as he has so much technical ability but he works like f**k - it just isn’t true. 

Which of your wide midfielders are better than him, and what at? Genuinely interested. Happy with those thoughts to continue though - four goals and two assists in six games!

I hope that's true. It wasn't true at United but if the penny's now dropped then that's fantastic.  I think its probably too late for him to come back in at United but he's clearly a very talented boy and it's nice to see him doing well elsewhere. 

Edit: Missed the second part of your post. Fotheringham and Cudjoe are both much younger, at least as talented going forward and also contribute more defensively. Both are well ahead of Chalmers in terms of goal contributions over a much shorter period. Watt and Middleton are the senior guys ahead of him. Glass, Meekison and Mochrie can all play that position and have contributed more in fewer appearances.  Then you've got the really young guys who are out on loan but likely to come back in January, Macleod and Thomson.

Edited by Pull My Strings

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

I hope that's true. It wasn't true at United but if the penny's now dropped then that's fantastic.  I think its probably too late for him to come back in at United but he's clearly a very talented boy and it's nice to see him doing well elsewhere. 

I hope it’s too late for him, but a lot of us are thinking Goodwin can’t fail to notice those kind of numbers! Ultimately if you have a decent lead in January there would be no purpose to bringing him back though, I guess. 

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

He played like that for us last season before he was recalled and went to Tranmere. When he left Ayr, he said that he enjoyed the freedom he was given to go out and try stuff and play his own game. He didn't do much at Tranmere. 

He was back at United at the start of this season and didn't get much of a chance so it is obvious he just doesn't fit in to that system and he suits Bullen's strategy of having players that can pull something out their arse to win games. There are probably only a few teams he could perform in due to his style of play. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I hope it’s too late for him, but a lot of us are thinking Goodwin can’t fail to notice those kind of numbers! Ultimately if you have a decent lead in January there would be no purpose to bringing him back though, I guess. 

Only reason to bring him back would be to give him a new contract and play him. If I were Logan Chalmers I wouldn't sign a new contract. He's approaching his mid 20s and hasn't been trusted under numerous managers, why would he think that would change now. I can see him staying at Ayr or going to another Championship club and really kicking on but he's either just not quite good enough for United now or, maybe he is good enough, but it's taken longer than either side are happy with.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Only reason to bring him back would be to give him a new contract and play him. If I were Logan Chalmers I wouldn't sign a new contract. He's approaching his mid 20s and hasn't been trusted under numerous managers, why would he think that would change now. I can see him staying at Ayr or going to another Championship club and really kicking on but he's either just not quite good enough for United now or, maybe he is good enough, but it's taken longer than either side are happy with.

Yeah - Chalmers would be crazy to want to stay at Dundee United. 

IMO, he is more than good enough for you right now but ultimately he isn’t yet ready to play up a league - though I do think he will be in time. Needs to get some consistent game time as he hasn’t played nearly enough for his age!

13 minutes ago, Wacky said:

To say we were shite today would be an insult to shite. 

You were an even shiter version of what we were at the start of the season, which is incredibly fucking impressive! The first half was just a constant calamity of errors. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You were an even shiter version of what we were at the start of the season, which is incredibly fucking impressive! The first half was just a constant calamity of errors. 

You, you’ve taken that way too far, min

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Still have no clue who it is.

He’s aboot six fit thirty five, and could make a career oot o basketball, or a lamppost lightbulb changer fur the coonsil 

Defo the tallest player on the pitch 

So here we go…

Bar the first 5 minutes, I thought we were brilliant the first half. Stick Dipo in that team and we’re 3/4/5 up in the first half. Even at that, it’s a shame none of the big chances fell to Dowds. Senga ran the midfield for me, was everywhere, good on the ball going forward and strong defensively. Syla also very good. Both ran out of energy second half, but hopefully with games that match fitness will come. On McKenzie, the first chance cleared by the defender is very unlucky, a more natural striker just lifts that ball over the defended, but needs to score the second.

On Chalmers, the one thing that holds him back from a team like Dundee Utd or above is his pace. Has the touch, has the vision and skill.

Ahui, when I seen him starting feared the worst. Had a near enough perfect game, felt he maybe became a bit edgy the last 10, however I think he’s played himself into a start next week in what could be a redemption game v Morton.