East Fife v Stranraer Sat 21/10

I think this game will beat the weather. The pitch should be ok and conditions are forecast to improve Saturday with less rain and  wind.

We should  line up along usual lines :

----- Fleming----

----Docherty----Page--------Easton----Newton---

-----Walls------McManus-----Trouten----Healey---

-----Austin------Shepherd----

We need to start getting wins on the  board. Stranraer have hit a sticky spell and if we can keep the back door closed we should score a couple.

2-0 East Fife.

Stranraer are showing Shire-esque numbers since we destroyed them at Ochilview.

5 defeats on the spin and 18 goals conceded in that time is sore reading for the Blues. Christ even Forfar beat them which is even more alarming.

I thought that Stranraer always offered a threat up top, but looked shaky at the back throughout. 

A number of really good performances for East Fife this afternoon. Connor McManus, Alan Trouten and Liam Newton were terrific. Sean Docherty deservedly got motm though. Scott Shepherd was also v. good. 

Good win for us and hopefully  kick-starts our season. We played some very good football at times and the move for McManus goal was a cracker.  The third goal  kinda killed the  game and  then changes started for both team things got disjointed.

I thought the  aforementioned McManus  and Comerford were the stand outs.

Convincing win, continuing on from last week’s performance. The wind made things difficult for both teams with Fleming hardly being troubled,even though Stranraer had the majority of possession (according to the Beeb).  I think that EF have found a couple of gems in Docherty (his perseverance created the second goal) and Comerford who even found the time and confidence to go on a mazy run in the first half. Both Pagey and Murdo  will have to pray that they get their starting places back. Newton is back to his old level after deservedly being dropped a few weeks ago and scored a well taken goal. Pick of the goals has to go however to the 3rd scored by McManus, finishing off a great team move.

I hope that EF will not be too cocky and overconfident going into next week’s cup tie against Dunbar, who have nothing to lose , think back to Banks o’Dee and BSC.

Last 2 home games v Stranraer, 12-0 to us.

Thought, we were setting up too defensive at home when I saw Both Miller & McManus starting, but McManus looked good in his advanced position. Fleming & Easton confident as ever, the latter even fighting to prevent a corner when 4-0 up. Comerford looked good defensively, not too sure going forward though. Trouten put in a shift in the middle of the park & another great performance from Docherty. Newton a close second for MOTM, got forward more in the second half and deserved his goal. Some good football on display today, just need more of a cutting edge. Healy not at his best again. At the end of the 1st half, when we forced 3 or 4 corners in quick succesion, was he trying to score from his own corner? Might be a bit selfish, but if you can't try it with the wind and comfortably 2-0 up, when can you? Not much came off for Shepherd, or Austin today. Of the raft of subs, Nicol looked like the one I'd like to see more of.

I know we're playing catch up, but team is really starting to be playing for each other, disappointly, most of the side were together before, we really should've used that to our advantage & got off to a better start this season. The podcast lads did say that it was only a matter of time before we gave someone a do-ing.

Stranraer looked as poor a side, as I've seen this season, might be the kind of side though, that if they score first, would be hard to break down. That was as confortable an afternoon I've had since, well the last time Stranraer were in town.

Also complements for the £30 carvery deal. Don't know if it was just a one off, but with 54 bookings, I was told, certainly worth trying again. Good day out & even the weather wasn't as bad as feared. Full credit to the voulenteers & staff for getting things tidied up and credit to the hardy souls who turned up for this football festival!