Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

1 hour ago, Rennieball said:

See clips going about of fifers smashing bottles off one another. Wish I could say I was surprised, but sadly this is just further proof that they're the two scummiest clubs in the country. 

28 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

I don't see any bottles being smashed over anyone's head in that clip. 

22 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Your attempts at sarcasm to deflect from the vile behaviour of your fanbase are poor, and reflect badly on you as a person. 

12 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

I have absolutely no idea. What I do know though, is that this is another poor attempt to deflect from the horrible behaviour of your fanbase. 

Just now, Rennieball said:

Taking credit for the mismanagement of another club is an interesting position. 

Screenshot_20230531-213847_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7535538606c043ec471d1f429087854e.jpg

Unbelievable how our bench could behave like that. 
I hope McPake has a written letter of apology on his desk from every one of them on Monday morning for showing such disrespect. 

As for the game, even my daughter who goes more for the people-watching and banter than the actual football commented on how slow we were on the ball. 

If we’d lost the last-minute goal we really couldn’t have complained as we were poor all game and didn’t look like creating anything. 

I thought the ref had a decent game, but the one thing that did incense me was when we took a throw over on the railway side and a second ball then came back on the pitch. Jakubiak ran towards the second ball and instead of kicking it off the pitch he played an inch perfect pass to intercept the real ball and break up our attack. Surely that should have been a booking?

Not many better feelings than a last minute derby winner when you really don’t deserve it!

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I thought the ref had a decent game, but the one thing that did incense me was when we took a throw over on the railway side and a second ball then came back on the pitch. Jakubiak ran towards the second ball and instead of kicking it off the pitch he played an inch perfect pass to intercept the real ball and break up our attack. Surely that should have been a booking?

I found that curious/funny more than anything. By the letter of the law, the ref (who'd clearly seen both balls) should've stopped play, but he was letting it go in the interests of letting the game flow. It's not like the second ball was getting in the way. I think that's the kind of refereeing you like to see, a little bit of common sense even if it's not technically in line with the rules. 

When Jakubiak pings the ball, though, there's nothing the ref can do at that point. Other than, I imagine, thinking "for f**k sake, Alex!". He could hardly book Jakubiak for it, given it was a situation of his own making. A clever (and very accurate!) intervention from the Pars player, I thought. 

11 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Of course. The end to last season was nothing short of a disgrace. What's your point?

You deserve to be where you are... What's yours? 

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Should we get our new pet neutered?

It might calm him down a wee bit.

Let him have his fun. Been a while since a Falkirk fan had any reason to post in the championship forum. 

19 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

A clever (and very accurate!) intervention from the Pars player, I thought. 

100% agree, I just thought it was in the same vein as kicking the ball away after a free kick has been awarded which would be a booking. 
It’s exactly what I would have expected someone like Dylan Easton to do though so fair play!

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Whit a laugh, min. 

First half we were terrible. Mostly because we played right into McPake's hands, sending two wee forwards to be easily marshalled by his back three, and we had a some-kind-of-right-footed-midfielder on the left wing and a woefully out of sorts Josh Mullin on the right. Neither looked remotely like getting into the space left behind the wing backs, giving Comrie and Edwards the licence to get forward without really having to worry about getting back. As a result, we were continually outnumbered in almost every area of the park, both with and without the ball. I said it earlier, but it really had the character of a game where one side is down to ten men. The Rovers were working hard, but there was always an extra Pars man on hand. 

Second half, each and every substitution titled the game back in our favour by a small amount. Our two changes made us stronger, in terms of occupying Dunfermline's wing backs if nothing else, and I'm not sure McPake could say the same about any of his subs. He might've made four to our two (not including Masson's thirty second cameo) but Hamilton was always going to be a downgrade in defence compared to Benedictus, and you could sellotape Wighton, Chalmers and O'Halloran together and I wouldn't give you half an Aidan Connolly or Dylan Easton for them. 

I still don't think the Rovers overall play approached anything you'd call 'good', but when you have such an upper hand across so much of the game without making it count, football has a habit of biting you, and so it proved today. I'd be lying if I said I could remember much about the goal itself, but it's testament to the side that Murray has built that it's not the first last minute winner we've managed this season. There's a belief running through the side that we haven't had for a good few years. 

You've said a lot but in short McGill was played out of position and was terrible, should have been replaced at half time. Mullin was unable to beat the fullback for pace and struggled all game to get involved.

49 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Surely you could've come up with something a bit more creative?

You're shitty club has obviously won a few games this season that you've ventured in to a Fife Derby. Piss off back to the seaside league where you belong.

On 27/10/2023 at 16:15, keyser_soze said:

Onto the game itself, hopefully we can keep up the pressure on Dundee Utd but expecting a tough time. Looking forward to a true blood and guts derby game on the park with a last minute winner 4-3 (we can only hope).

Off the park for once I hope all the fannies stop fighting (or dancing whilst pretending to be hard) along Links St and if the young team start their Norrie McCathie pish again I hope the little fuckers get banned for a bit, absolutely no need for that nonsense.  

I'll take the Robin Hood 1-0, 😍

12 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

No tears from this Bairn! Top of the league and Dunfermline got beat in agonising fashion against their diddiest rival!

Both teams kept your lot in their rightful place. Here's hoping Hamilton win the league and you fail in the playoffs.