Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’ve just been sent this. Apparently Dunfermline had this pinned up all over their training ground this week.

Perhaps McPake and his players should spend more time on trying to find a way to beat us than on worrying about our social media output.

C9A8963B-FCF9-470A-94E7-825CEAB2A0DD.jpeg

Tbf our social media output is absolutely outstanding compared to theirs. I’m sure McPake said our club is making a lot of noise and they will do their talking on the pitch… that’s going well isn’t it 

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’ve just been sent this. Apparently Dunfermline had this pinned up all over their training ground this week.

Perhaps McPake and his players should spend more time on trying to find a way to beat us than on worrying about our social media output.

Hahahahaha

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I thought both teams were really poor, but if you’re asking me if you look any better than the rest of the dross at the bottom of this division, I’d say no 

I wasn't. Thanks anyway 

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Will it be updated to 8th in time for Monday? 

#MondayMotivation

23 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I heard there was fighting on Link's Street before the game,  just outside the Estuary.

There is a pub on the way to the ground usually has polis outside it but today they didn't bother and it kicked off and the polis wandered up 2/3 minutes later when the damage was done.

Few broken noses, teeth missing and a load of bottles and glasses flying out the pub at the folk walking by.

Don't think it was too bad a game, the injuries certainly upset our rhythm and the subs just aren't quite up to snuff. Didn't think we looked bad at all, maybe Morton, Queens Park and Arbroath have been sensational against the Rovers, I didn't know. I'm not worried about relegation but any pretentions of challenging at the right end were long gone for most fans anyway. 

I don't know who the Rovers player in the cartoon is upthread? Is it Vaughan? Thought he was kept quiet today, to such an extent that the only thing of note he did was turn me into a seething mess when he tried to get his teammate to take a quick throw when Fisher was down in obvious pain. For someone with his injury record I thought that was quite poor, although luckily the referee stopped it and Fisher wasn't too badly hurt anyway.

Frustrating that we gave such a shite goal away but it is what it is. When you lose two centre halves to injury there's always the risk that it opens up spaces in the backline but when with a makeshift back three it took a Chalmers mistake (not for the first time) to open things up. As I said at halftime elsewhere, it looked for all the world a 0-0 unless there was a bit of magic or a mistake and that's what happened. 

In terms of poor behaviour luckily I didn't see the pavement dancing although I think I did see a vape pen get thrown at McGill when he walked round behind the goal when he was subbed off, and there were a few morons (older guys, who were talking privately and probably thought they were hilarious) making racist comments about the stewards in the away game. Sadly these games brings out the idiots, so can't really add to that. 

Big game coming up v Morton on TV before a fitting live on TV the following Friday v United. Need to get something next week then get wins on the board in the Inverness and Arbroath rearranged games or it really will be panic stations. Given Raith aren't going to go up this season, that will no doubt be enjoyable for their fans and fair play to them.

23 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Imagine this being your motivation all week and subsequently ending the day 8th place…. Top management from the ‘alky one’ McPake. Not the brightest bulb in the box that guy.

Surprised someone supporting either side hasn’t mentioned the amount of times Dunfermline players hit the deck requiring the game to be stopped. The ref completely lost control of it. Pars players also pulling shirts at every opportunity. I’m not bias and admit they deserved to win but it made it all the sweeter! 

Easily one of the worst performances iv seen from us today. First half pars edged it and did create more. The midfield press stopped us from getting going and I thought bene did very well to stop smith or Vaughan getting the ball in to feet. Second half bene was off and we where able to get a grip of the game and where the better team while still being pretty bad. Can't beat a 90th minute winner in a derby though! Dunfermline getting close to the relegation spots but I think they've got enough about them to stay clear and have a similar season to what we did last season. He didn't do much today but I really do rate mccan as a player. Sam stantons some boy who we need to get played further forward again and also a new contract done.