Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

5 minutes ago, basher brash said:

It’s clear that Dunfermline gambled  on Benedictus fitness 😂😂😂 is that how desperate Mcpake is ? Probably cost him a further few games out now 

If you had seen us vs partick or ayr,  then a gamble had to be made.  We've also already waited 3 weeks longer than the initial diagnosis, at some point you've got to make a decision.

Also it was his foot he broke but he went off with his knee, so hopefully just a reaction to being out for so long and coming into an intense game.  Guess time will tell if that's fucked him over for the next few weeks.

Just now, Varna Rover said:

i think Murry Gabled on dylan as well and it appears he did suffer a set back so we shall have to see next week

I don't think easton did suffer a set back, it looked like he was subbed off because Murray did gamble on him and it was a good reason to waste some time and get another defender on the pitch to defend the corner/ see the game out. We got a solid 15 minutes out of an injured easton where he set up a goal and had the dunfermline players seething. The boy loves to put on a show. 

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I don't think easton did suffer a set back, it looked like he was subbed off because Murray did gamble on him and it was a good reason to waste some time and get another defender on the pitch to defend the corner/ see the game out. We got a solid 15 minutes out of an injured easton where he set up a goal and had the dunfermline players seething. The boy loves to put on a show. 

i was going by what murry said in his post match interview about a bruised shin

Whit a laugh, min. 

First half we were terrible. Mostly because we played right into McPake's hands, sending two wee forwards to be easily marshalled by his back three, and we had a some-kind-of-right-footed-midfielder on the left wing and a woefully out of sorts Josh Mullin on the right. Neither looked remotely like getting into the space left behind the wing backs, giving Comrie and Edwards the licence to get forward without really having to worry about getting back. As a result, we were continually outnumbered in almost every area of the park, both with and without the ball. I said it earlier, but it really had the character of a game where one side is down to ten men. The Rovers were working hard, but there was always an extra Pars man on hand. 

Second half, each and every substitution titled the game back in our favour by a small amount. Our two changes made us stronger, in terms of occupying Dunfermline's wing backs if nothing else, and I'm not sure McPake could say the same about any of his subs. He might've made four to our two (not including Masson's thirty second cameo) but Hamilton was always going to be a downgrade in defence compared to Benedictus, and you could sellotape Wighton, Chalmers and O'Halloran together and I wouldn't give you half an Aidan Connolly or Dylan Easton for them. 

I still don't think the Rovers overall play approached anything you'd call 'good', but when you have such an upper hand across so much of the game without making it count, football has a habit of biting you, and so it proved today. I'd be lying if I said I could remember much about the goal itself, but it's testament to the side that Murray has built that it's not the first last minute winner we've managed this season. There's a belief running through the side that we haven't had for a good few years. 

The referee had an OK game. Professional players tugging and pushing, trying to hide it, and the linesmen not giving him much help. The game wasn’t seriously impacted by any of his decisions.

A draw would have been a fair result, and as such, a smash and grab by either side was possible.

Raith looked composed in their half, but were lacking a connection between the defenders and the attackers. When we did get forward, far too many of the crosses were literally on top of the keeper for him to gather.

Pars looked reasonably composed and passed well, but really struggled to get into the final quarter of the field. Certainly regressed in the second half.

The goal was just one of those lightning bolts that happens, especially with both teams missing multiple first team starters.

Just now, Rennieball said:

See clips going about of fifers smashing bottles off one another. Wish I could say I was surprised, but sadly this is just further proof that they're the two scummiest clubs in the country. 

Can I be the first to say go f**k yourself inside out

39 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If you had seen us vs partick or ayr,  then a gamble had to be made.  We've also already waited 3 weeks longer than the initial diagnosis, at some point you've got to make a decision.

Also it was his foot he broke but he went off with his knee, so hopefully just a reaction to being out for so long and coming into an intense game.  Guess time will tell if that's fucked him over for the next few weeks.

I watched the pars game via firestick last Saturday and the pars were a shambles at the back 1st half and could have been 3 down so I do see your point

2 hours ago, 101 said:

There is a pub on the way to the ground usually has polis outside it but today they didn't bother and it kicked off and the polis wandered up 2/3 minutes later when the damage was done.

Few broken noses, teeth missing and a load of bottles and glasses flying out the pub at the folk walking by.

But enough about the regulars at the Estuary!

17 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

See clips going about of fifers smashing bottles off one another. Wish I could say I was surprised, but sadly this is just further proof that they're the two scummiest clubs in the country. 

When it is everyone else that is the problem for you, maybe you should realise its you that's the problem... 

23 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Calm down Hamish.

6 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Your attempts at sarcasm to deflect from the vile behaviour of your fanbase are poor, and reflect badly on you as a person. 

You not the weirdo Falkirk fan (give me a minute) that even the other Falkirk fans on here think is a complete weirdo? 

2 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

I have absolutely no idea. What I do know though, is that this is another poor attempt to deflect from the horrible behaviour of your fanbase. 

Did Falkirk even have a game today? Can't say I pay much attention to the sea side leagues since we deservedly kept you down there and the pars subsequently kept you in your natural place tbh.