Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Disgusting that there isn't a Pay At The Gate option.

See for the older posters......when did this stop being a thing for away internationals? In the 70s or 80s was it just the case of having Germany away and turning up with 20 deutchemarks and the first 10000 away fans got in or was it always an all ticket setup?

ETA. We managed to get 1 set from 5 applications. Got B1 VS B3 in gelsenkirchen.

Edited by Sortmeout

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

See for the older posters......when did this stop being a thing for away internationals? In the 70s or 80s was it just the case of having Germany away and turning up with 20 deutchemarks and the first 10000 away fans got in or was it always an all ticket setup?

ETA. We managed to get 1 set from 5 applications. Got B1 VS B3 in gelsenkirchen.

I was wondering that myself actually. A Google search revealed absolutely nothing.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was wondering that myself actually. A Google search revealed absolutely nothing.

I could easily imagine hundreds of thousands of fans mooching about Spain 82 with no tickets and just hoping to get in. Would imagine pre-internet that it would be very hard to distribute all the tickets around the world both to competing countries and neutrals.

@Jacksgranda what happened "back in the day" ?

12 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I could easily imagine hundreds of thousands of fans mooching about Spain 82 with no tickets and just hoping to get in. Would imagine pre-internet that it would be very hard to distribute all the tickets around the world both to competing countries and neutrals.

@Jacksgranda what happened "back in the day" ?

I was never at any away internationals, but most "big" games it was patg*. Scotland v England was all ticket, I think

* Aberdeen v Dundee United 1967 SCSF was all ticket, I think. The 1967 and 1970 SCFs and 1969 SCSF and 1976 SLCF and 1971 Dryborough Cup Final I just turned up with cash. Similarly Scotland v Denmark (?) 1972 or 1973 we drove down and paid to get in. There maybe weren't as many travelling supporters back then, capacities were bigger, too. Can't remember if Northern Ireland v Scotland 1982 was all ticket or not, I don't think it was. Eager to be proved wrong about those games!

6 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

I thought that if I applied for 50 I’d at least get one or two.

Chance would be a fine thing.

What did you set your favourite country as?

I did Albania for mine in the thoughts that UEFA’s site might take into account how many people selected each country.

“EURO 2024 Ticket Sales Date 

Our EURO 2024 Ticket sale will commence on Wednesday, 6 December.

We will communicate full sales and ballot information once we have all details from UEFA.”

From the SSC email.

Edited by Lyle Lanley

13 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We will communicate full sales and ballot information once we have all details from UEFA.”

From the SSC email.

I got an email about UERO 2024 whatever that is 

13 applications. 

22 matches per each application = 286 matches.

4 tickets per match =
1,144 individual tickets applied for.

0 tickets 🤣

Wr have only had 3 emails confirming we get zilch.

With regards to big matches.

My first game was as a nipper in 73, first Wembley trip was 79. England  was always all ticket for those that were too drunk/lazy to hurdle turnstiles or tie scarfs together. 

I remember my dad getting 7 of us into Annfield for the Wales WC qualifier game with 5 tickets. He then went out the gate and sold two to a copper and came back in the gate. Different times.

There was a couple of guys that ran our buses that always seemed to be able to get everybody a ticket.

By the 80s most home games were ticketed from what I remember.

28 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

From the SSC email.

Anyone offer any advice here? I got same email. Haven't been abroad with Scotland since 2000 but with my son at an age where he'd like to go I would probably take tickets for the two of us for any Scotland game I could get in Germany. I'm not expecting particularly to get any as I'll only be on 8 points by the time they go on sale and my son will only be on 6 (I'm not going without him). I'm not expecting the SFA to come up with any scheme that sees us entitled to tickets.

On the outside chance that they do though it says to make sure you already have an account set up with UEFA.com. I've just done that in my own name. Do I need to set something up for the boy separately? Will he need his own UEFA.com account or can it be done through mine?

I was under the assumption that you had to register for the first ballot to be eligible for any subsequent ballot.  I might be wrong.

When I applied in the recent ballot you could apply for up to 4 tickets per match so that should cover you and yer wee man.

Chances if getting tickets using either route are slim though.

Following Scotland in  major tournament does not come around often, so if you can, take him for the craic even without tickets..it will be an experience you will both never forget.

Edited by Sugar_Army

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Anyone offer any advice here? I got same email. Haven't been abroad with Scotland since 2000 but with my son at an age where he'd like to go I would probably take tickets for the two of us for any Scotland game I could get in Germany. I'm not expecting particularly to get any as I'll only be on 8 points by the time they go on sale and my son will only be on 6 (I'm not going without him). I'm not expecting the SFA to come up with any scheme that sees us entitled to tickets.

On the outside chance that they do though it says to make sure you already have an account set up with UEFA.com. I've just done that in my own name. Do I need to set something up for the boy separately? Will he need his own UEFA.com account or can it be done through mine?

They definitely sent an email about this last time round and I've already seen a few people elsewhere ask the same question so although I have no answer id expect something from the SFA to advise you before any sale starts.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Any ideas how you think the SSC will allocate tickets. For arguments sake let's say we get 9k tickets for each of the 3 group games. Will the top 9k points holders get all 3 or will it be more nuanced than that ?

Top 9k, same as any away game and same as euro 2020.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

They definitely sent an email about this last time round and I've already seen a few people elsewhere ask the same question so although I have no answer if expect something from the SFA to advise you before any sale starts.

Hope so.

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Probably, and I think that would be fair, but it's not what they did for France 98. Granted the SSC was considerably smaller then but they gave everyone above a certain level of points 3 tickets and then gave everyone else one match allocated at random. I got a single ticket for Norway that way (I got tickets for the other games from a different source but I got one officially from the SFA via the Travel Club).

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Probably, and I think that would be fair, but it's not what they did for France 98. Granted the SSC was considerably smaller then but they gave everyone above a certain level of points 3 tickets and then gave everyone else one match allocated at random. I got a single ticket for Norway that way (I got tickets for the other games from a different source but I got one officially from the SFA via the Travel Club).

There‘s no way that there going to deviate from the current system. Lille & Tbilisi were/are 100% pick ups, Seville was also a much larger number than usual for pick up.