Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

Trying to wrap my head around this again, can't remember if I saw this mentioned previously somewhere: if you got tickets from the ballot just there, does that somehow bump you from getting official association tickets? 

Basically, I'm on 11 points so right on that threshold and I'm not sure whether to wait it out until the draw if I'm offered a second chance from my ballot application. 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Trying to wrap my head around this again, can't remember if I saw this mentioned previously somewhere: if you got tickets from the ballot just there, does that somehow bump you from getting official association tickets? 

Basically, I'm on 11 points so right on that threshold and I'm not sure whether to wait it out until the draw if I'm offered a second chance from my ballot application. 

If you’ve already got tickets for games through the ballot and they end up being for a different game on the same day that Scotland are playing then you’ll not be able to buy through the ssc as you can only have tickets for one game each day.

19 minutes ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

If you’ve already got tickets for games through the ballot and they end up being for a different game on the same day that Scotland are playing then you’ll not be able to buy through the ssc as you can only have tickets for one game each day.

Thanks, so it'd be a gamble on my part even if I had 20 SSC points if say I was offered a second chance on my application next week and those games ended up landing on the Scotland days. I want to go to Scotland games but also keen to take in others, I've maybe not thought it through well enough.

Think then I'm maybe better waiting for the Scotland draw and taking my chances, and at worst trying to get resale tickets next year. 

9 hours ago, Hibee_Hibernian said:

This could be the case but I'm not sure that UEFA are that clever or bothered, they pretty much let the associations go their own way re ticketing.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

This could be the case but I'm not sure that UEFA are that clever or bothered, they pretty much let the associations go their own way re ticketing.

It was enforced last time. 

They let the associations do what they want but you still buy the tickets through the uefa app. The SFA give everyone with enough points a code or link to access the uefa site. If you already have tickets for a game on the same day, it won’t let you buy for another game.

13 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Is swapping tickets with others possible? If the tickets I have turn out to be England v Netherlands for example and an English fan has Scotland v Turkey, is there a way to swap? 

Yup, you just exchange them using the app, it's straightforward but there's obviously trust involved. Last time you couldn't do anything until shortly before the tournament when the app started operating.

9 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It was enforced last time. 

They let the associations do what they want but you still buy the tickets through the uefa app. The SFA give everyone with enough points a code or link to access the uefa site. If you already have tickets for a game on the same day, it won’t let you buy for another game.

Fair enough, I don't remember that being a rule last time.

On 16/11/2023 at 12:37, Connor7 said:

Will each group be allocated a city to play in? Or will the group be all over the place? Got tickets for two games in Frankfurt 

Not sure if this’ll be any use or not as it doesn’t directly answer your question, but basically no. 4/5 cities per group.

D6A493A0-32F0-4C32-B93E-4510D76040DE.jpeg

Edited by PSJ.84

17 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

For someone with almost no SSC points, no tickets from the draw and no desire to pay the hospitality prices, will there be the potential to buy tickets from some kind of resale site before the games?

Yes. Keep your eye on your emails, first chance could be on Tuesday and there will probably be others all the way through till the proper resale hub is set up in April. And social media will be full of people after December 2nd with tickets they don't want who would be happy to make a sale or swap.

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yes. Keep your eye on your emails, first chance could be on Tuesday and there will probably be others all the way through till the proper resale hub is set up in April. And social media will be full of people after December 2nd with tickets they don't want who would be happy to make a sale or swap.

Am I right in saying it's a total punt if buying tickets from individuals on social media etc. as you're then relying on them transferring the tickets to you, or is there any way to 'safely' purchase?

8 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Fairly sure I'm missing a point - would bump be from 11 to 12, so defo going to follow it up. Anyone had similar issues in the past? 

Mine was wrong years ago and they fixed it, heard they're a bit more of a pain in the arse about it now though.

50 minutes ago, Theo said:

Am I right in saying it's a total punt if buying tickets from individuals on social media etc. as you're then relying on them transferring the tickets to you, or is there any way to 'safely' purchase?

Yup, there's trust involved with direct sales or swaps with individuals. I'll only be trading directly with people I have some knowledge of on forums, not some random on twitter or facebook. Minimum you want is a screenshot of the ticket you're buying and the money up front if you're selling, imo. There will be a Uefa organised resale hub after the March qualifiers where you can buy and sell safely, assuming there's someone to buy from and sell to.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Fairly sure I'm missing a point - would bump be from 11 to 12, so defo going to follow it up. Anyone had similar issues in the past? 

Got back to me within an hour (pretty impressive). Looks like I'm missing a Poland point, not massively sure how I prove I was there, mind.