ICT v AIRDRIEONIANS 28/10/23

We were pretty dreadful all of the first half and it didn't take until the second half for the team to start to show any urgency.

For all of our nice possession football we play, we are really poor in the final third, it's either bad decision making or a lack of an end product.

I felt the foul on Frizzell in the second half was a blatant penalty, I'm not sure how the ref or linesman missed that one, but for me that was a shocker.

No complaints for the result I felt Caley deserved to win today, I'm not sure how they missed near enough an open goal towards the end of the first half to make it 2-0.

Staying overnight which means I don't have to drive back the long journey until tomorrow morning, at least that's a positive to take as well as remaining 4th in the table.

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:

We were pretty dreadful all of the first half and it didn't take until the second half for the team to start to show any urgency.

For all of our nice possession football we play, we are really poor in the final third, it's either bad decision making or a lack of an end product.

I felt the foul on Frizzell in the second half was a blatant penalty, I'm not sure how the ref or linesman missed that one, but for me that was a shocker.

No complaints for the result I felt Caley deserved to win today, I'm not sure how they missed near enough an open goal towards the end of the first half to make it 2-0.

Staying overnight which means I don't have to drive back the long journey until tomorrow morning, at least that's a positive to take as well as remaining 4th in the table.

Aye looks like we need  some end product, that bit of quality is lacking most weeks,

There were a few highlights in a game determinedly won

Wotherspoon's delightful first touch to buy space for his finish. A fine vignette in a turgid half.

The ballboy declining the opportunity to search in the gorse for ball so handsomely despatched by the impressive Ujdur.

Wotherspoon's back heel that caused chaos and rage when neither the deserved goal or penalty resulted.

The hilarious yellow card when Airdrie's attacker hoped for a spot kick. 

Duncan on the pitch at the end giving it large and stirring feelings of exaltation 

I’m not sure what was more miserable, the game of football or the drive back down the A9 in the rain (you made the right call @David Fernández). Not a great spectacle but Inverness took their one real moment of quality while we didn’t create any chances. Airdrie could perhaps have got a point from it, the last half hour was almost entirely Airdrie attacking, but equally we didn’t do much with it. 

I think it’s a huge win for Inverness. They’re not a great team but that’s a good start under the new manager and I’d absolutely be buying into him if I was an Inverness fan. It’s a very tight league with two good teams and eight jobbers, so if Inverness can get a few more results they’ll be right up the table. Wotherspoon and McKay lack pace but they still have a lot of quality, if they can stay fit then they have a chance. Sheridan and Lodovica not so much. 

On Airdrie, just the same old story really. Soft defensively, lose a goal from it and look vaguely threatening at times without ever creating a clear chance. I thought we should have had a penalty for Frizzell’s ‘dive’ but we still had plenty of time to score after that and never really looked like doing so.

Just saw the highlights back, thought we had a stonewaller denied at the time and they confirmed it. How the fuck the referee and linesman missed that I'll never know. They didn't show the Airdrie claim so can't comment on it but it definitely looked like an 'aww fuck sake' one at the time from the main stand. 

Edited by TheScarf

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just saw the highlights back, thought we had a stonewaller denied at the time and they confirmed it. How the f**k the referee and linesman missed that I'll never know. They didn't show the Airdrie claim so can't comment on it but it definitely looked like an 'aww f**k sake' one at the time from the main stand. 

Ours was a dive, Frizzell runs in front and then does a Superman impression.

Just watched the highlights. The space which Wotherspoon was afforded in the box was absolutely criminal. Fordyce gets his back to goal and is in a position to see him progressing into the box. McCabe is just strolling back and can see in front of him that Wotherspoon has all the space in the world. There is no urgency to get back and support the defence, in fact he expends more energy stamping his feet and waving his arms when the goal is scored than he did in tracking back. No doubt it's someone else's fault for not stopping the cross.

I've only seen highlights so far but Ujdur looks excellent, certainly fitting in at this level.

Be interested to know how we scouted him.  I was certainly sceptical that he'd be good enough for this level, glad to be wrong.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I've only seen highlights so far but Ujdur looks excellent, certainly fitting in at this level.

Be interested to know how we scouted him.  I was certainly sceptical that he'd be good enough for this level, glad to be wrong.

Apparently it came about through Craig Moore who was a teammate of Dodds at Rangers and is now an agent.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/craig-moore-7265a251_nikola-ujdur-signs-for-ictfc-ictfc-activity-7103668507598315520-c9VT

Edited by Stephen Malkmus