St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Does Martindale live in Livi? I suppose if he doesn't want to move house (and won't get either the OF or Edinburgh jobs) then it's probably us, then St Johnstone in terms of bigger clubs that would suit his commute.

Aye he lives in Edinburgh, so commuting wouldn't be an issue since it's about 15/20 mins more to Perth at most. 

I still can't see it happening, the circumstances around that kind of move would be huge. It's a move to a direct relegation rival and a sideways move for him with less job security. I think it's mainly folk jumping on the first article they've seen and putting some money on it.

Of note though, on Saturday he was straight down the tunnel at FT. Never done that before. Think a few eyes will be on his reaction at full time at Tynecastle to gauge how this plays out

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I still can't see it happening, the circumstances around that kind of move would be huge. It's a move to a direct relegation rival and a sideways move for him with less job security. I think it's mainly folk jumping on the first article they've seen and putting some money on it.

Of note though, on Saturday he was straight down the tunnel at FT. Never done that before. Think a few eyes will be on his reaction at full time at Tynecastle to gauge how this plays out

Whats the world longest river?

Edited by Hoose Rice

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Neil Lennon rules himself out of the running.

Out of the managers who I imagine would be viable from the list above (so, excluding the likes of Wright and Coyle), my order of preference would be:

1. David Martindale

2. Robbie Neilson

3. Tam Courts

4. Jody Morris

Why would you say that Coyle isn't viable? He was last seen at Queens Park and while it didn't end well, he's still surely got credit in the bank at McDiarmid?

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Why would you say that Coyle isn't viable? He was last seen at Queens Park and while it didn't end well, he's still surely got credit in the bank at McDiarmid?

I think everyone at the club needs someone new involved. Thats ignoring his lack of CV at top flight level.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Paul Heckingbottom currently is.

He took a team relegated straight back up because of the players he had and the financial advantage of the parachute payment.  Coyle done an outrageous job at Burnley sure they almost made the League Cup final too in the Champ having pumped Arsenal and Chelsea.  

But the point was of course he has top flight experience. 

16 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

He took a team relegated straight back up because of the players he had and the financial advantage of the parachute payment.  Coyle done an outrageous job at Burnley sure they almost made the League Cup final too in the Champ having pumped Arsenal and Chelsea.  

But the point was of course he has top flight experience. 

I just assumed you were using him managing in the EPL (14 years ago?!!!) as some form of barometer to mean he should succeed here tbh, if youd just been on about managing a top flight side id assumed you'd have gone for the more relevant spell in charge of Ross County. 

My point was hes flopped in this league elsewhere and despite how well he done with us in the past, it was as a 2nd tier side.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I just assumed you were using him managing in the EPL (14 years ago?!!!) as some form of barometer to mean he should succeed here tbh, if youd just been on about managing a top flight side id assumed you'd have gone for the more relevant spell in charge of Ross County. 

My point was hes flopped in this league elsewhere and despite how well he done with us in the past, it was as a 2nd tier side.

All managers fail somewhere but get what you mean.  He's a good manager though regardless of how it went at County imo. 

10 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

All managers fail somewhere but get what you mean.  He's a good manager though regardless of how it went at County imo. 

Hes the type of thing we probably need. Someone who can just breathe life into everything and create a culture again.

His time with us has passed though, and it was brilliant, so hopefully we'll leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Heads up!!!

McBookie now saying on the "Next St. Johnstone manager" page that "This event is not available".

Has a decision been made?

Sure they've mentioned before that one person runs the site, so they take a lot of "moving markets" down overnight incase some news breaks and they lose a fortune.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sure they've mentioned before that one person runs the site, so they take a lot of "moving markets" down overnight incase some news breaks and they lose a fortune.

Fair enough!

Got all over excited there.

I'm away for a lie down.

21 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Folk are totally deluded if they think Martindale would swap Livi for Sainties. Give up a decent job to go to Scotland’s basket case club?

It’s going to be someone out of work and cheap, seeing as you’re paying about 5 ex coaches, someone who knows the club and who Geoff loves. 
It’s Jug Lugs until the end of the season. 

Martindale might jump at St Johnstone job as that way he'd have job security - I believe he's working without a contract. So he would have a guaranteed wage, as Livingston could appoint someone tomorrow and hed get no pay off, plus no compensation would be payable due to no contract in place.