St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Anfield 1977 said:

Cue Michael Stewart having a go at Avril's tactics on a weekly basis again!

Is Levein part of the Radio Scotland boys club now though? If so won't he be exempt from criticism!

They didn't dare criticise the depressive stuff produced by Davidson either. 3-0 defeat to Livi with zero shots on goal. "Ohhh it's a tough job". 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Funny how polarising Avril is amongst diddy club fans.

Either a good solid appointment, or this is going to be hilarious.. though I feel a lot of the latter is from the St Johnstone hating brigade on here.

It’s a great move for Levein though. He’s never won a major honour, and in fairness to him he’s never been at a club who are likely to do so these days.  What an opportunity to put that right in the swansong of his career.

I think we should hold off on our opinions on Levein until we have heard what some no mark Dundee fans think first tbh. I mean, they have been a powerhouse in top flight scottish football for decades and have a keen eye for a good manager and silky football. 😆

14 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think we should hold off on our opinions on Levein until we have heard what some no mark Dundee fans think first tbh. I mean, they have been a powerhouse in top flight scottish football for decades and have a keen eye for a good manager and silky football. 😆

Christ...what a way to over inflate your own self-importance.

Edited by Pens_Dark

I'm really pleased with this appointment to be honest. We need an experienced hand at the moment and we also need someone in the job who can help with the infrastructure within the club. Hes a very experienced manager and has done the director of football role before so can help plug gaps while we get things sorted out behind the scenes. He's got the staff he feels he can trust on the coaching ground and he can take the responsibility for other things. Listening to his interviews, it's nice to have someone who articulates themselves well and who is an excellent troll, I'm looking forward to whatever mischief he finds himself in. Wright was always good at taking heat away from players rather than blaming them all the time, hopefully Levein will go down the same route. We have a young team so arms around shoulders is much more likely to work than constantly being told they won't play for the manager again. 

It might not work out the way we hope but it's a very well thought out, pragmatic appointment that essentially ticks all the boxes we need ticked right now. Supporters saying they won't be back and banging on about 1 Scotland game out of literally hundreds he's managed before need to give themselves a shake. He's a marmite figure but think we've done well to get him in.

Aye the narrative that he once played without a striker and that defines him as a manager is mental. Fucking hell, we basically played with no striker for an entire season under McInnes yet he’s still highly thought of amongst saints fans. I just think that there’s still a general lack of support and empathy around the club right now that supporters are just gonna be more negative that is actually warranted. 

11 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The mistake he made, and he's said as much, was acknowledging it as 4-6-0. He said he'd basically used it before but people just assumed it was 4-5-1.

Im not looking forward to the first game it shows up on in the average position maps, tbh.

We've had it before under Davidson when it was effectively 5-5-0, but people will be actively waiting for it to happen under Levein.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

until we have heard what some no mark Dundee fans think first tbh. I mean, they have been a powerhouse in top flight scottish football for decades and have a keen eye for a good manager and silky football. 😆

Thank you.

Find yourself a woman who thinks about you just as much as "Theyellowbox" thinks about Dundee FC.

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

The mistake he made, and he's said as much, was acknowledging it as 4-6-0. He said he'd basically used it before but people just assumed it was 4-5-1.

Wasn't it more that he went to Prague against a bang average Czech team at the time and tried to play for a 0-0 draw, inevitably losing 1-0?  That's after we needed a 97 minute winner against Liechtenstein, at home?

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

Aye, so much so that I'll start a thread on your relegation and post all over a new Dundee manager thread. 😚

Thank you 🥴

I've often extended my hand across the Friarton and invited you into the Dundee topics but you stand at the end of the path, shivering. Just because we are bigger and more attractive you shouldn't be scared and continually talk about us behind our backs.

Come on in, grab a beer. Relax.

Absolutely, Tam. Look at yourself. We held out a hand and you - bravely, tbf - accepted our invite. You came to Dundee threads and in turn we provided you a great dame. You used the skills we taught and you got yourself a family. 

This "Theyellowbox" should look at you and aim for the skies, too.

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I've often extended my hand across the Friarton and invited you into the Dundee topics but you stand at the end of the path, shivering. Just because we are bigger and more attractive you shouldn't be scared and continually talk about us behind our backs.

Come on in, grab a beer. Relax.

Sounds proper creepy Rolf. I'll pass