Motherwell v Aberdeen 01.11.23

30 minutes ago, ropy said:

For any Aberdeen fan who watched that, unrelated to any of the goals, can you give an assessment of the ref tonight.

I genuinely think I am fairly balanced in my view of things but no doubt there is a bit of ‘Well bias, but I thought he was awful.

One of the strangest decisions was to book the Aberdeen keeper when no real time wasting had occurred.

He could’ve (should’ve?) sent off 3 of your players for second yellows so he maybe wasn’t that one sided.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Was it? What did I miss, what Motherwell player was involved? I saw two players going into a challenge and colliding.

If it’s the one in their box, Spencer kinda nudged the one of the players into the other. It was soft but probably a foul. 

So a team that spends several million on players in the summer beats a team that spent f**k all and actually decimated our squad and budget by two goals. What a surprise. 

That aside we are firmly stuck in reverse gear. That performance in the 1st half was Hammellesque. Players looked disinterested and not aware that they were supposed to be playing football. You could argue our defence and attack have been average to shite all season but now the midfield have joined in. Slattery has gone from a Lazarus like season to pish again. Paton and Spittal not much better. 

First real test under Kettlewell. Losing next two games does not bear thinking about. 

As for the oompaloompa referee.  Did he win a competition? Not the reason we lost but sure as f**k the reason I nearly entered the field of play to commit bodily harm 😡

Edited by welldaft

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Tough not to give McGrath MOTM after scoring two and more or less creating another but I'd give it to Clarkson.

Agree probably between those two - but yet again Jack Mackenzie, a guy who I had personally written off as someone that was on a one way crusade to Forfar Athletic, also had a really good game and on this form should now be regarded a nailed on starter for most matches (certainly the bigger ones).

22 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Agree probably between those two - but yet again Jack Mackenzie, a guy who I had personally written off as someone that was on a one way crusade to Forfar Athletic, also had a really good game and on this form should now be regarded a nailed on starter for most matches (certainly the bigger ones).

Yeah he was good too.

I do think it did him little good coming through at the same time as a £5m full back on the opposite side.

Well fans greeting about the referee when they could easily have had 3 players sent off.

How that elbow on Jensen in the 2nd half wasn't checked by VAR is beyond me. Couldn't tell you who committed it but it was some lower league jobber. 

I've been thinking these past few weeks that someone you wouldn't expect will get relegated. Maybe it's Motherwell's time? 

The ref loved the sound of his own whistle and was very irritable, but he had no beating on how badly we played or on the result. I didn't see how blatant Butcher's handball was from where I was, but I guess he could have been sent off for his challenge later on. I don't think I've ever seen us have four players booked in eight minutes before. I think his booking of Roos for "timewasting" showed an acknowledgment that he'd been dishing out cards too freely and it was some attempt to start evening things out.