Week Neun πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ

lichtie23

9 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Cowboys Reddit will be interesting reading right now. Tempted to go have a laugh, but I'll get banned from r/Chargers (not that I'd miss it, it's full of barely literate morons) if I get spotted over thereΒ πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Had to have a look. Mostly just folk with no brain cells blaming the refs and folk giving the right tackle Terence Steele some death threats. Wish we could just nuke the NFC East and pretend it never existed (sorry Giants).

4 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Had to have a look. Mostly just folk with no brain cells blaming the refs and folk giving the right tackle Terence Steele some death threats. Wish we could just nuke the NFC East and pretend it never existed (sorry Giants).

Sounds like all NFL reddit team pages are much the same then.Β 

I'm on both r/Chargers and r/Padres and the difference is night and day. With the baseball guys you can have an intelligent, insightful back and forth with literate people who obviously understand the game. r/Chargers is basically like an online version of Idiocracy, full of people making claims about everything Chargers either being the worst in league history or merely 'mid', with absolutely no genuine insight whatsoever, and an obligatory "lol" after every sentence betraying the fact the writer has a sub-80 IQ vocabulary and probably votes Trump.

Oh, and every second word ending in "s" featuring a completely incongruous apostrophe. "Phillip River's" and "Denver Bronco's" are favourites. Makes my teeth itch.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Omg, he pointed at a player. Pointed. This is exactly the type of stuff that has no place in professional sport...Β 

Game has the feel of a college style offensive shoot out at the moment.Β 

As of right now the AFC Playoff teams are Miami, KC, Jacksonville, and the entire AFC North.

TBH I can't see that changing much between now and January. Either of Pittsburgh or Cleveland might fall off a bit and give Buffalo a shot at a WC seed, but I think 5 of the 7 are already pretty much locked in and I don't see both the Steelers and the Browns missing out, so there may well be a lot of disappointed 9 or 10 win teams around.Β 

Conferences are still a bit lopsided as most of the complete garbage is in the NFC with only one genuinely terrible and completely out of it team in the AFC, so again, I can see the AFC 7th seed being an 11-6 team while 9-8/8-9 could well win the NFC South.Β 

16 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Dolphins O are total flat-track bullies. Run up the score against garbage D's like LAC, Denver, and NYG, yet it's a totally different story v's the Bills, Eagles, and KC, teams with competent D's. Even the Pats held them to a respectable total.

They'll win a lot of games purely because there is so much complete drivel around the NFL, but it terms of being legit elite I think they are still a work in progress and will ilkely get found out quickly come playoffs time.

Definitely don't see them as Championship or Superbowl material, don't think their own defense is good enough for that never mind how their O struggles against higher class Ds.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Anyone here able to throw a ball 5-10 yards? No previous experience required.Β 
Β 

Asking on behalf of the New York Football GiantsΒ 

Didn't think it was the best time to play the Raiders. Bound to be a response from the players after McDaniel was sacked.

On 05/11/2023 at 16:07, Boo Khaki said:

Dolphins O are total flat-track bullies. Run up the score against garbage D's like LAC, Denver, and NYG, yet it's a totally different story v's the Bills, Eagles, and KC, teams with competent D's. Even the Pats held them to a respectable total.

They'll win a lot of games purely because there is so much complete drivel around the NFL, but it terms of being legit elite I think they are still a work in progress and will ilkely get found out quickly come playoffs time.

They put 31 on the Pats in a one-sided ass kicking in Miami in the most recent match up.

In their defenceΒ they have lost road games to the reigning SB / AFC champs, the reigning NFC champs and the then relatively healthy Bills for whom Josh Allen turns into superman any time he plays the Dolphins, all with less than optimal O line personnel. The issues seem to be that the Offence is so timing and motion based, they are getting put off rhythm in hostile venues due to communication issues which is something they need to fix if they are going to do anything in the play offs. McDaniel's repeated mantra is to play your best football in January andΒ he is obviously a smart guy. I think the KC game shows the potential for this Defence to be pretty good as that was the first time Ramsey and X Howard have played together and the front 4 were getting home. Fangio's scheme did a job on Kelce and they shut out Mahomes in the 2nd half.Β 

With the bye week and the potential for RG Hunt and Achane back (not to mention their best blocking WR Cracraft) I suspect they will be ok. I'd rather flat track bully the Broncos for 70 than get beaten by them like KC tbf. The Bills look as if their D is cooked due to injuries and they have a murderous schedule. The commentariat love a narrative and for Miami it is that of flat track bully and it is up to them to change that narrative.

Anyway, all things being said, go Chargers tonight. The Jets D is legit so it should be interesting.

1 hour ago, Snobot said:

They put 31 on the Pats in a one-sided ass kicking in Miami in the most recent match up.

In their defenceΒ they have lost road games to the reigning SB / AFC champs, the reigning NFC champs and the then relatively healthy Bills for whom Josh Allen turns into superman any time he plays the Dolphins, all with less than optimal O line personnel. The issues seem to be that the Offence is so timing and motion based, they are getting put off rhythm in hostile venues due to communication issues which is something they need to fix if they are going to do anything in the play offs. McDaniel's repeated mantra is to play your best football in January andΒ he is obviously a smart guy. I think the KC game shows the potential for this Defence to be pretty good as that was the first time Ramsey and X Howard have played together and the front 4 were getting home. Fangio's scheme did a job on Kelce and they shut out Mahomes in the 2nd half.Β 

With the bye week and the potential for RG Hunt and Achane back (not to mention their best blocking WR Cracraft) I suspect they will be ok. I'd rather flat track bully the Broncos for 70 than get beaten by them like KC tbf. The Bills look as if their D is cooked due to injuries and they have a murderous schedule. The commentariat love a narrative and for Miami it is that of flat track bully and it is up to them to change that narrative.

Anyway, all things being said, go Chargers tonight. The Jets D is legit so it should be interesting.

Winning the East could be big, but I have a sneaky suspicion they won't be the #2 seed thanks to the Jags having a fairly easy schedule, KC already owning H2H, and Baltimore looking like a steamroller, so as 3rd or 4th Seed they could well face the Bengals, and even in Miami I'm not sure they'd get the better of them. Weeks 16 through 18 will tell us a lot. Cowboys, Ravens, Bills is a tough end to the season, so if they can come through that with a head of steam it would set them up well. Until they actually beat a legitimately good team though I'll remain cynical.