Accies VS Stirling

I doubt that hammering has surprised many Binos supporters. The dross served up on the park has been begging for a doing for weeks.

The scary part is there are no excuses to hide from reality behind. It's not due to injuries, suspensions, poor officials, or that ever classic favourite, "they're just not trying hard enough."  It's just failures in basics every week and it's hard to see an end to it.

I'm taking nothing away from the performances of the teams putting us to the sword.   Their players are getting the job done and done well.  Ours, well, ???

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Absolutely streets ahead today. 8 or 9 nil could have been the result and Stirling would have had little complaint.

Slight disappointment to hear Edinburgh's late equaliser was disallowed but the complete erosion of Falkirk's GD advantage is very pleasing.

Livescore.com even briefly had it as 2-2 which was a bit of a downer when they changed it back to 2-1.

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Livescore.com even briefly had it as 2-2 which was a bit of a downer when they changed it back to 2-1.

Yeah there was a flurry of excitement followed by a ffs moment.

Not a downer for me tbh. Falkirk have 3 tough games coming up which will be a real credit to them to come through with 9 points. Even if they do, though, we need to be looking to beat Annan, QotS and Alloa and then victory over them will put us back top.

The score line doesn’t hide anything. We were ripped a new one yesterday. Most of the goals were down to us gifting the ball to the opposition and they were ruthless.

On a few occasions our players lost their footing on the plastic. Made me wonder if it was really necessary to water the pitch?

13 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I doubt that hammering has surprised many Binos supporters. The dross served up on the park has been begging for a doing for weeks.

The scary part is there are no excuses to hide from reality behind. It's not due to injuries, suspensions, poor officials, or that ever classic favourite, "they're just not trying hard enough."  It's just failures in basics every week and it's hard to see an end to it.

I'm taking nothing away from the performances of the teams putting us to the sword.   Their players are getting the job done and done well.  Ours, well, ???

Strange you’ve got that opinion when can’t recall seeing you at any away games this season so far . 

25 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

So rattled you still feel the need to post in a game that doesn't involve you. Shady, rattled behaviour of the most flagrant kind. 

Sorry for being interested in a game that involves two of our title rivals boss! Don't worry the next time you see me post is when we play you lot again x 

22 hours ago, headthebaw said:

The score line doesn’t hide anything. We were ripped a new one yesterday. Most of the goals were down to us gifting the ball to the opposition and they were ruthless.

On a few occasions our players lost their footing on the plastic. Made me wonder if it was really necessary to water the pitch?

It is necessary to water artificial surfaces or they will become sticky. I don't remember any Accies players slipping on the pitch (nor (m)any opposition players before) so perhaps the issue was Stirling players wearing inappropriate footwear?

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It is necessary to water artificial surfaces or they will become sticky. I don't remember any Accies players slipping on the pitch (nor (m)any opposition players before) so perhaps the issue was Stirling players wearing inappropriate footwear?

In summer perhaps. 

It is fair to say it's the same for both sets of players. We have the only grass pitch in this division but it's not like we aren't used to these surfaces.