Accies VS Stirling

After 2 long away trips we are back at home now and most of our upcoming games are at home. So far our home performances haven't been good enough expect from the Annan game Cove first day of the season was OK as well. He should maybe bring in O'Hara or Smith in for Murray but I see him going back to the same lineup against Edinburgh and bringing O'Hara and Tait in for Murray and McGlynn which will end up being the wrong decision. I don't know what Rankin's issue is against McGlynn easily our best striker and was very unfair to sub him off at HT yesterday then the Hendrie sub was just abysmal both subs cost us that game. I think this will be another game of Rankin's poor management which will see us drop more points Accies 1-1 Stirling 

There is absolutely no way Accies won't take full points from this game, the arse has well and truly fallen out our season.  

Been a while since I've been to Hamilton, so there's that tiny sliver of novelty value. 

What's the nearest/best place to go for a couple of pints beforehand?

54 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

There is absolutely no way Accies won't take full points from this game, the arse has well and truly fallen out our season.  

Been a while since I've been to Hamilton, so there's that tiny sliver of novelty value. 

Accies Vaults at the railway station or the Bayhorse at the Racecourse end are both decent.

Our confidence seems to have taken a wee blip and although there’s no lack of effort, things just aren’t happening for us at the moment. Last thing we need at this moment in time is a game against Hamilton (or Falkirk) and I would be stunned if the Accies don’t get the 3 points.

Anything less than 3 points here should genuinely see some serious serious pressure on Rankin.

Expect he’ll revert to type after the Cove defeat with O’Hara and Tait coming back in to start and us still struggling to score but I’ll go for 2-1 Accies.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

9 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

8 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies Vaults at the railway station or the Bayhorse at the Racecourse end are both decent.

Bay Horse-now owned by an Accies fan and  has been home fans only since last season with Security on the doors.

Accies Vaults is a misnomer as very few Accies fans frequent it nowadays since it caters more for local Celtic punters,so that,Bar West and Peacock & Ivy are the best bets and not far from the ground with The Clydesdale Hotel near the big Car Park also utilised by away fans.

First defeat of the season, will be interesting to see how the team responds. I'm hoping for a quick start with the players eager to make amends, but expect more of the Rankin classic, so cagey and scared to concede.

Think he will revert back to the usual line up that we had before. This is all getting about concerning regarding McGlynn, as its really hard to understand why Rankin seems to have very little faith in him, as he shown to be the most clinical and instinctual finisher we have. Hope it isn't starting to knock his confidence to much.

I don't understand his lack of faith in McGlynn either although O'Hara does good work outside the box. If only he didn't crumple whenever he steps inside it. I don't know what he has against Lewis Smith. He's impressed me whenever he's come on, maybe less so v Edinburgh but the men around him were off form too. I see he scored today for a very strong reserves side in a 4-0 thumping of Queen's Park in the League Cup. Michael Hewitt got two!

On 07/11/2023 at 18:04, Owsley 2 said:

I don't understand his lack of faith in McGlynn either although O'Hara does good work outside the box. If only he didn't crumple whenever he steps inside it. I don't know what he has against Lewis Smith. He's impressed me whenever he's come on, maybe less so v Edinburgh but the men around him were off form too. I see he scored today for a very strong reserves side in a 4-0 thumping of Queen's Park in the League Cup. Michael Hewitt got two!

Smith's goal was a cracker and his overall play was very good. At the very least he should get some decent match-time v Stirling Albion. 

3 hours ago, unitedbino said:

This could be an absolute pasting. All the momentum of the first few games of the season has gone. I'll stick a pound on 5-0 Accies to ease the pain of the inevitable demolition. 

I think the first 20 minutes are really key.

I expect us to come out all guns blazing after last time out and if we can get a goal or two then I don't expect us to repeat the game at Forthbank.

If we don't get a goal, though, the doubt might creep in and the game reduced to a slow slog.