Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 11 November

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Seemingly Graham reacted to comments made about his older brother's suicide.

I would have done the same.

Understandable. Opposition player or not - any roaster who makes a comment like that wants his erse kicking. Between-clubs banter and wind-up shithousery is one thing, but that's just vile and disgraceful if it's true.

2 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Yeah cause this is totally the same. Graham is an experienced guy and should know better than to react to abuse, although I think he’d probably still be in bemusement at the straight red (which presumably was his initial argument with the officials). If the thing that a few people have now said was what was said to him as he walked off then whoever said it at least deserved the offer of a square go in the car park. But I’m no sure the validity of that. 

The Rangers coach headbutted the Celtic manager through no provocation, and even he only got a 6 game ban. There’s obviously no comparison between these two incidents and Brian will be at Petershill Park in about an hour hopefully leading the ladies into a SF. 

So this fight that Graham was trying to start - was he planning to tickle the Morton fans he asked to fight?

Of course not, we can only presume he’d have been meting out headbutts, punches and whatnot.

He was the one who escalated it by trying to instigate a fight.

The man’s an arse and has always been an arse and not the kind you’d end up behind if he was playing for Morton.

If Partick think he’s fit for a leadership role and someone who’s fit to hold a position of power over others then it says all you need to know about them.

All the above is my opinion of course but what’s beyond debate is this excuse being made for him - I was in the midst of the people he was confronting and there was nothing of the sort said to him. And I don’t have any loyalty to anyone there simply because they were supporting Morton, I’d happily excuse Graham had that been said to him.

But it wasn’t - and again, amidst the furore and with the distance he wouldn’t have heard it anyway - the reality is his rampant ego couldn’t take being made fun of.

53 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Understandable. Opposition player or not - any roaster who makes a comment like that wants his erse kicking. Between-clubs banter and wind-up shithousery is one thing, but that's just vile and disgraceful if it's true.

Absolutely.

Which is why I’m glad to be able to tell you it never happened.

Of the 400+ in the away end yesterday I’d be amazed if more than 10 knew about Graham’s very sad family history. I know I never til today.

How these accusations are being made ‘apparent’ from Partick fans today is also baffling given they were on the other side of the pitch.

1 minute ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Got to love it when someone says that something categorically didn’t happen just because they didn’t hear it. 

1. I was amidst the small number of fans he was wanting to fight in particular. So yes, I can say that categorically. And I would happily admit if I heard it and enjoy Graham battering said person.

2. He didn’t want to fight anyone in particular, just a number of supporters closest to him. Given he didn’t single anyone out in particular, that would lead you to believe there wasn’t something particular said to him to infuriate him wouldn’t it?

3. As I said above, how these accusations are being given any credibility is beyond me given your supporters were over 100 yards away.

14 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

So this fight that Graham was trying to start - was he planning to tickle the Morton fans he asked to fight?

Of course not, we can only presume he’d have been meting out headbutts, punches and whatnot.

The man’s an arse and has always been an arse and not the kind you’d end up behind if he was playing for Morton.

If Partick think he’s fit for a leadership role and someone who’s fit to hold a position of power over others then it says all you need to know about them.

It’s really no that deep. He’ll get his suspension for his action(s), and be back out on the field again, probably before Morton win their next league game.

5 hours ago, Morton Supporter said:

Thank you.

If anyone did say anything along those lines it’s understandable he’d react the way he did.

I will say I was at the end of the stand where he began reacting and I never heard anything - moreover I don’t think he’d have been able to hear anything given the distance and the amount of things being shouted.

Yet incredibly you have managed to hear every single thing shouted. 

You're having a shocker here, I'd maybe take a few hours away from the Internet until your rage has settled a wee bit. 

54 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

All the above is my opinion of course but what’s beyond debate is this excuse being made for him - I was in the midst of the people he was confronting and there was nothing of the sort said to him. And I don’t have any loyalty to anyone there simply because they were supporting Morton, I’d happily excuse Graham had that been said to him.

But it wasn’t - and again, amidst the furore and with the distance he wouldn’t have heard it anyway - the reality is his rampant ego couldn’t take being made fun of.

Bold statement, I heard everything and distinctly remember it not being shouted. Yet even if it was shouted, he wouldn't have heard it because of all the furore?

Surprised that you haven't been snapped up by the secret service for your outstanding hearing ability to isolate each individual voice at football stadia.

1 hour ago, Morton Supporter said:

What was said to him, then? 

1 hour ago, Morton Supporter said:

Hang on, your managers Dougie Imrie? 'The Saint'?

I heard about the comments to Graham at 5:10 in the pub.

I had no idea about his brother until then.

I also heard what Imrie 'allegedly' said to a ballboy, from one of the ball boys/girls parents.

And I stress, I didn't hear any of this personally, even though I have clinically acute hearing, so it could be (may WELL be) absolute tosh, so don't think I'm sitting here believing it!

Edited by baba douche

A, frankly morbid, defence has been made up for the guy and I have shown you why it doesn’t stand up to an ounce of scrutiny.

The fact is Brian Graham, well-known horse’s arse, simply couldn’t take getting laughed at. He always has been an egotist.

This made-up defence of him is only deflecting from what should instead be your scrutiny of his behaviour - he’s needlessly got him suspended for a game now (could and should be more given his reemergence from the tunnel, which again shows it’s a punctured ego we’re dealing with here).

1 hour ago, Big Dan said:

Bold statement, I heard everything and distinctly remember it not being shouted. Yet even if it was shouted, he wouldn't have heard it because of all the furore?

Surprised that you haven't been snapped up by the secret service for your outstanding hearing ability to isolate each individual voice at football stadia.

I find it quite amusing that someone that is having a sarcastic dig about somone having outstanding hearing is also the same person who posted "I heard everything". 

You know nothing about Brian Graham other than his on field persona. Away and lie down son. 

20 minutes ago, Morton Supporter said:

A, frankly morbid, defence has been made up for the guy and I have shown you why it doesn’t stand up to an ounce of scrutiny.

The fact is Brian Graham, well-known horse’s arse, simply couldn’t take getting laughed at. He always has been an egotist.

This made-up defence of him is only deflecting from what should instead be your scrutiny of his behaviour - he’s needlessly got him suspended for a game now (could and should be more given his reemergence from the tunnel, which again shows it’s a punctured ego we’re dealing with here).

You're obsessed here, time to move on.

4 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Seemingly Graham reacted to comments made about his older brother's suicide.

I would have done the same.

I didn’t hear anyone shouting anything of the sort from my position near the front.

Nor did he mention it after the match in hospitality.

Brian just lost the head during the pantomime walk of shame, I think it’s a simple as that.

I suspect most fans don’t know about his brother. I certainly didn’t until mentioned here.

Undoubtedly a dreadful family tragedy.

6 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I find it quite amusing that someone that is having a sarcastic dig about somone having outstanding hearing is also the same person who posted "I heard everything". 

You know nothing about Brian Graham other than his on field persona. Away and lie down son. 

Sorry the "I heard everything should" have been in quotation marks.

I was in the JHS and was bemused by the whole thing.