Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 11 November

Couldn’t see the Graham incident that much from the JHS. Was his gesture really that bad? I think players who get stick/abuse from fans are entitled to give a bit back. That said, could say, a player who gets as much opposition abuse as Graham does should know what he can and can’t do and it’s sheer stupidity that could cost us - someone from the bench (Mitchell?) appeared to then run after him, not sure what was going on there either. 

11 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Any word on the supposed fracas in the tunnel after the game?

This is breaking news!

One of the Thistle backroom staff ( i don’t know his name) was fuming with Imrie at the end and was ushered away.

Was it him?

17 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Couldn’t see the Graham incident that much from the JHS. Was his gesture really that bad? I think players who get stick/abuse from fans are entitled to give a bit back. That said, could say, a player who gets as much opposition abuse as Graham does should know what he can and can’t do and it’s sheer stupidity that could cost us - someone from the bench (Mitchell?) appeared to then run after him, not sure what was going on there either. 

It was a wee bit like a small 1970s style “get it up you” which you don’t see much any more.

Not the worst thing in the world but already on a yellow so not sensible.

Offering to fight outside was probably worse.

Just caught a wee snippet of the Chino'ed ones grudging post match analysis where he thought Alston didn't mean to score with his sublime flick after Fitzy's perfectly timed cut back for the winner ....it's times like this Football transcends everything on a Saturday night .

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

Paul McDonald and Andy Millen? Old team mates. Strange one.

People thought it was Wes McDonald until the penny dropped and realised it was Paul. Guess old team mates are ten a penny but. Depends on the circumstances.

im no sure that Graham would have been sent off if the Morton bench hadn’t made such a fuss, the 4th official, from my line of sight, didn’t see it. And the ref didn’t either, Graham was sitting in the dugout for a good 20 seconds before anyone intervened 

1 minute ago, BigMadMental said:

People thought it was Wes McDonald until the penny dropped and realised it was Paul. Guess old team mates are ten a penny but. Depends on the circumstances.

im no sure that Graham would have been sent off if the Morton bench hadn’t made such a fuss, the 4th official, from my line of sight, didn’t see it. And the ref didn’t either, Graham was sitting in the dugout for a good 20 seconds before anyone intervened 

That makes sense, as he definitely was sat down for a bit after the getitupyou to the songs from the away support.

Bit snakey, grassing him to the ref.

And the officials were definitely ushering on and off the subs so they weren’t watching Graham.

same thing happened last week when he scored at Arbroath. Couple of fans giving it dogs. He was bowing at them and stuff and taunting them back, but never a word from the officials about it. 

Muirhead at cappielow has twice proper celebrated in front of the away support making faces and Cupping the ears and again, ref not overly fussed. Don’t understand the issue. Simon Murray done it to us too up at Ochilview, not a yellow or nothing. 

No issue with a player giving a bit back if they've been getting it tight from the opposition support.

I was disappointed at the time until him jumping out after Thistle got the winner.

A straight red seems a bit OTT but that was the worst referee I've seen at Firhill, since Alan Muir was last here.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

If fans are happy to give it out, they need to be able to take It back when it doesnt go their way.

Players giving it back should be encouraged, not punished. If it makes some wet wipe in the stands upset, more power to it.

Sounds like it was someone on the Morton bench. Utter wet-wipe behaviour though. 

3 hours ago, Reid said:

Daft red card from Graham but given that he’d been getting quite a lot of abuse during the game, why can’t he give a wee bit back? Not any different to Muirhead giving us a bit when he scores against us - it’s quite funny. No surprise that no one fancied actually going down and giving it to his face.

We deserved to win that. Fitzpatrick was excellent despite Alan Muir letting each Morton player having a free volley at him. What a dreadful refereeing display. I thought Wasiri did excellent again after being pushed even further out of position than normal. About 10 second before Alston score I was saying he was dreadful but he took his goal really well and was very good afterwards.

Are you for real why would any fan want to go down and end up getting the jail and if they got into a scrap with him could probably also end his career.I have no problem with Graham giving it back he will probably be in more bother for his reaction if the referee reports it 

3 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Are you for real why would any fan want to go down and end up getting the jail and if they got into a scrap with him could probably also end his career.I have no problem with Graham giving it back he will probably be in more bother for his reaction if the referee reports it 

Your fans shat it from wee guys outside the ground, doubt Graham would have had much bother 😂

I think Graham getting a red card for his reaction to the Morton fans is indicative of a referee who has himself lost control and is trying to reassert that control. 

It was a tetchy game and that was because the referee didn't have the strength and authority to prevent that.