Airdrie Vs Arbroath

44 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I've gone for a home win and that depends on which team turns up: from an Airdrie point of view- the Raith performance or the match at Arbroath.

Yeah, I'm exactly the same. Have went 2-1 but have zero faith in that prediction.

5 games without a win is worrying for us and whilst its too early to suggest it's a must win, a defeat would be a real concern. Aiken & Hancock and potentially Fordyce missing therefore I've no idea how we'll line up but with Arbroath also on a bad run I'll go for a shitty 1 nil to us, based on us not being too terrible despite this run.

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

5 games without a win is worrying for us and whilst its too early to suggest it's a must win, a defeat would be a real concern. Aiken & Hancock and potentially Fordyce missing therefore I've no idea how we'll line up but with Arbroath also on a bad run I'll go for a shitty 1 nil to us, based on us not being too terrible despite this run.

Is that Mason Hancock?

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

If Fordyce is back I’d probably go with last week’s team with him just slotted in on the left of the back three in place of Hancock. Fordyce there isn’t ideal but I think ATS is too immobile to play that role and the shape suited us really well, so I’d be keen to give it another go.

15 hours ago, Mr November said:

If Fordyce is back I’d probably go with last week’s team with him just slotted in on the left of the back three in place of Hancock. Fordyce there isn’t ideal but I think ATS is too immobile to play that role and the shape suited us really well, so I’d be keen to give it another go.

Does look like much the same shape with McStravick supporting Todorov although young magic really has to turn his flashes of ability into an end product.  

image.png.1d5a8d29765d77eb16896cc22ac60291.png

How poor is that first goal we lost, we had a free kick in our own half 30 seconds before it

I said after the last game we won 4-0 Airdrie had a L1 defence playing in the Championship - we've been playing like we've had a L1 defence since Inverness at home.

Miles off it defensively which obviously affects every other part of our game and also means we are so high up the park for their 2nd 

Played alright overall but no points again. Not gonna be good enough if we don't sort that out - will be down 

Frustrating / pish

As comfortable a win as you’ll get at this level. Arbroath offered very little and looked particularly dodgy at the back, Frizzell, McStravick and McGregor got a lot of joy running beyond the wider centre backs. I don’t think Airdrie were fantastic but it was a very steady team performance without many of our usual daft mistakes, which is probably the most pleasing thing.