Maroon Machine v Cove

Cove's first ever trip to New Central Park and unfortunately I'm likely not going to be there. Have a legitimate excuse; it's my daughter's 6th birthday, she's having a party and I'll be herding kids and ensuring their full of sugar before returning them to their parents.

We obviously come into this one with a degree of confidence after a solid performance and win against Accies and being unbeaten in our last 6. We've added right back Mikey Doyle who looks impressive, a leader,  and natural in his position so solidifies our defensive line further. Clearly needs strengthening even more but that's unlikely until Josh Kerr returns in a few weeks or more so until we can recruit in the January window. 

Our unbeaten run ties in with Fyvie's return from injury.  Returned in the 2-2 draw with yourselves. He brings some control, class and ability to break the lines via a pass or late run. Scored the winner on Saturday with a fine header.

Burrell's pace and close control caused all sorts of issues for the Hamilton back line on the weekend. On his day he looks a real standout but can he find the consistency?

All that being said, this is another game, it's away and Kelty are above us in the league. We're likely due to concede with clean sheets in our last two! Maroon machine have only lost to the top two at home so far this season in the league so will feel confident of getting a positive result too.

I like the attacking options of Kelty. I've noticed that Daramola and Biabi have been subs in favour of CJ and Bavidge of late. How the latter two getting on? At Balmoral I thought Biabi looked quite dangerous. Bavidge looking a decent loan signing? Good to see Lewis Moore and Reece Lyon chipping in with goals from midfield. Both astute signings by Tidser.

Stat that surprised me slightly is only 1 clean sheet in the last 13 in all competitions for Kelty.  

I suspect we'll remain unchanged in personnel and maybe even formation. A 4th straight win would lift us in the playoff spots with two home games upcoming next week (Mo and Stirling Albion).

Who knows on the score but should be an entertaining game.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

38 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Cove's first ever trip to New Central Park and unfortunately I'm likely not going to be there. Have a legitimate excuse; it's my daughter's 6th birthday, she's having a party and I'll be herding kids and ensuring their full of sugar before returning them to their parents.

We obviously come into this one with a degree of confidence after a solid performance and win against Accies and being unbeaten in our last 6. We've added right back Mikey Doyle who looks impressive, a leader,  and natural in his position so solidifies our defensive line further. Clearly needs strengthening even more but that's unlikely until Josh Kerr returns in a few weeks or more so until we can recruit in the January window. 

Our unbeaten run ties in with Fyvie's return from injury.  Returned in the 2-2 draw with yourselves. He brings some control, class and ability to break the lines via a pass or late run. Scored the winner on Saturday with a fine header.

Burrell's pace and close control caused all sorts of issues for the Hamilton back line on the weekend. On his day he looks a real standout but can he find the consistency?

All that being said, this is another game, it's away and Kelty are above us in the league. We're likely due to concede with clean sheets in our last two! Maroon machine have only lost to the top two at home so far this season in the league so will feel confident of getting a positive result too.

I like the attacking options of Kelty. I've noticed that Daramola and Biabi have been subs in favour of CJ and Bavidge of late. How the latter two getting on? At Balmoral I thought Biabi looked quite dangerous. Bavidge looking a decent loan signing? Good to see Lewis Moore and Reece Lyon chipping in with goals from midfield. Both astute signings by Tidser.

Stat that surprised me slightly is only 1 clean sheet in the last 13 in all competitions for Kelty.  

I suspect we'll remain unchanged in personnel and maybe even formation. A 4th straight win would lift us in the playoff spots with two home games upcoming next week (Mo and Stirling Albion).

Who knows on the score but should be an entertaining game.

Just checked out some early odds. We're 9/5 for the win. Not saying that's going to happen by any means but that's slightly generous in my opinion given our run of results.

Screenshot_2023-11-06-12-52-16-51_875a1ca781d4e761f0c51523b2fb9a8d.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Very competitive game as expected. Cove just having a bit more cutting edge than us.

On to Dumfries next week where I fancy us for a win.

Aye they came out the traps fast neeb , first 20 we were chasing shadows and they got their goal , good finish but how he managed to get it away with 3/4 defenders at him 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️, we grew into the game but did think Cove took their foot off the pedal a bit , second half it was a much improved performance from us but no real threat up top till last 10 , still a good competitive game to watch , onwards and upwards 

Mon Kelty 

By all accounts we did well today. Was disappointed I couldn’t go today as it would have been nice to get a new ground in but hey ho.

Not to put a dampener on things but part of me can’t help wondering if it’s all just crack papering. Still very little dynamism in the front third and positions where we were so much stronger in the year we won this division. What I’m alluding to is it looks like our inept manager had bought himself a few more months.