What was Michael Matheson actually doing ?

superbigal

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

11k of tax payers money wasted by a Scottish nationalist and unionists on here want him executed.  You couldn’t mark some of you c***s necks with a blowtorch.

Lol.

You think there should be zero consequences for attempting to defraud the taxpayer and lying about it?

I guess you think he should be promoted?

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Best case scenario: he's clueless about phones, tablets and the internet and how they work, so assumed it was a mistake that the Parliament IT guys would sort out with the Telecoms firms. He knew the bill would come out as part of his expenses that are published, and more than every other MP's phone bills combined. His sons are typical teenagers and didn't fess up till it was too late. The question of why he didn't just bite the bullet and pay the bill when it turned out it was his fault for not getting the sim card changed after repeated warnings is more difficult to excuse, and trying to get away with paying 3 grand out of office expenses.

My experience of folk who get these perks regularly is that they develop a sense of entitlement and generally fail to see why they should pay for anything they don't want to.

Boy at my work who is/was a regular traveller got caught out staying Friday night and Saturday night in a place he'd been working on the Friday morning. Someone noticed, it was challenged, and it emerged after some squirming that he'd just booked a weekend for him and the missus on the company pound.

Astonishing front, but years of getting stuff paid for him had basically melted his brain to the point where he felt that was a reasonable thing to do. He got the bullet.

Some people just think like that.

Edited by VincentGuerin

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Best case scenario: he's clueless about phones, tablets and the internet and how they work, so assumed it was a mistake that the Parliament IT guys would sort out with the Telecoms firms. He knew the bill would come out as part of his expenses that are published, and more than every other MP's phone bills combined. His sons are typical teenagers and didn't fess up till it was too late. The question of why he didn't just bite the bullet and pay the bill when it turned out it was his fault for not getting the sim card changed after repeated warnings is more difficult to excuse, and trying to get away with paying 3 grand out of office expenses.

What do you mean didn't fess up ?

If I had a 11 Grand phone bill 10 months ago, I am sure I would be doing at least a little investigation at that time..

No doubt did, but simply hoped it would go away.

He is clearly a fraudster who thought he would get away with stealing public money.

Michael should refer himself to the Polis and not Humsa Investigations Ltd

Edited by superbigal

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Lol.

You think there should be zero consequences for attempting to defraud the taxpayer and lying about it?

I guess you think he should be promoted?

Yeah. That’s exactly my post meant. Promote him. 

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

In the same way people have called for him to be executed?

Well no, you’ve used implication and I’ve used exaggeration, so it’s not the same is it?

it pleases me that the SNP waste some of your wages

Just now, TheScarf said:

Well no, you’ve used implication and I’ve used exaggeration, so it’s not the same is it?

it pleases me that the SNP waste some of your wages

Tell me, what is the cutoff?  What threshold do you have to hit for fraud/theft before it becomes unnaceptable and there should be sanctions?

51 minutes ago, superbigal said:

What do you mean didn't fess up ?

If I had a 11 Grand phone bill 10 months ago, I am sure I would be doing at least a little investigation at that time..

No doubt did, but simply hoped it would go away.

He is clearly a fraudster who thought he would get away with stealing public money.

Michael should refer himself to the Polis and not Humsa Investigations Ltd

He knew that the bill would become public information when it did, I don't think he had a clue what he was dealing with.

Have the SFA asked him yet what site he was watching these matches (sry only his boys) on? Hopefully it wasn’t an illegal streaming site as surely that would be so embarrassing he would feel obliged to resign!

Edited by Clangers

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

If you're raging about the eleven grand, you will explode with rage when you find out about the hundreds of millions that were pilfered during the pandemic.

This is the thing that pisses me off. We have 2 parliaments full of folk who are milking the system for their own benefits and depending on which party people vote for they condone some and are outraged at the other. 

Not one of them cares less about you and me . Every single one of them is there to get as much as they can before they get emptied. An utterly broken system.

13 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Only the Nationalists say he should stay, the rest, the majority, think he should go - simples! 

Don't be daft

2 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

This is the thing that pisses me off. We have 2 parliaments full of folk who are milking the system for their own benefits and depending on which party people vote for they condone some and are outraged at the other. 

Not one of them cares less about you and me . Every single one of them is there to get as much as they can before they get emptied. An utterly broken system.

Don't be daft.

The "every politician is the same" trope is either naive or disingenuous.

For any SNP MP or MSP that seeks to deliver their raison d etre, it is really quite simple.

Just get things right correct.

When it comes to housekeeping, just do it right correctly and more importantly, don't lie about it when you get it wrong.

EDIT: Didn't want to trigger 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

There are too many MPS tbh. There should be one each from Scotland, England, Wales and NI and they can rotate which day each of them is PM.