Celtic Vs Aberdeen

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Has the wearing of a poppy on a football shirt now become mandatory?

Customary………………..but you knew that.

Anyone who condones the behavior of Celtic or Rangers is a scumbag and is not worthy of engagement.

As Dundee fans would say………………Thank you!

5 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

My answer.

Create a two-team SPFL Super Premier League at the apex of the pyramid.

They play each other 36 times in Dubai or some such place.

The SEC is equipped with large screens and the floor strewn with sawdust (and the venue sealed off with armed guards) so that OF fans can see the games.

No promotion or relegation.

Old SPFL Premier gets the European places. Winner of the Super Premier gets assured that they are really special in a different way from how other teams are special.

Reckons?

Works for me.

Just now, Torfason said:

Customary………………..but you knew that.

Anyone who condones the behavior of Celtic or Rangers is a scumbag and is not worthy of engagement.

As Dundee fans would say………………Thank you!

Then why have a go when people choose not to wear one? After all that is what we who served fought for, your choice. I wear mine not because of custom, not because I feel obliged to because I served but because I have a connection to people I served with who died. It is and should be a personal thing and certainly not something to weaponise because that too is disrespectful.

And I haven’t condoned anything mate, I don’t enjoy hearing people boo but again their choice

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Then why have a go when people choose not to wear one? After all that is what we who served fought for, your choice. I wear mine not because of custom, not because I feel obliged to because I served but because I have a connection to people I served with who died. It is and should be a personal thing and certainly not something to weaponise because that too is disrespectful.

And I haven’t condoned anything mate, I don’t enjoy hearing people boo but again their choice

A well thought out and balanced response, have a greenie.
It shows an ability to agree to disagree in a respectful manner without being disrespectful to others beliefs or denigrating their moment of silence as they pay their respects to those who served their country. 👏🏻

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Forgot to say, a genuine thank you for your service and condolences for the loss of those you served with. 

41 minutes ago, andrew1903 said:

Ireland was neutral during WW2 and the IRA shared intelligence with the nazis. Am I missing your point? 

I know Ireland was neutral and I know the IRA cosied up to the Nazis and bombed the UK. It's reasonable to wonder, then, why the Goon Brigade think it's so cool to be dismissive of commemorating the war effort, which did involve many Celtic-minded Scottish people (many of whom I grew up alongside) and Irish volunteers. Do they think the IRA were right to side with Hitler?

Seems a pretty clear observation to me. Perhaps you do miss my point.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I know its not ... I'm a QOS fan after all!  My point is that its bereft as any kind of genuine competition as it stands and would be better shot of the OF.  There is no doubt that the overall "average quality" would drop but so what, at least we'd have a genuine competition and sides likes Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs would win the league now and then and they wouldn't be totally out of the reach of other decent sides from time to time.  Bring it on.

All you need to do is look at the selection of teams that have finished 3rd in the last 10/15 or so years. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Being critical of Celtic when criticism is fair is fine however you seem to enjoy criticism and posting negative stories about Celtic much more than you enjoy supporting your team.

Its a bit weird

Did you run out of amusing gifs?

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

This cheered me up a bit.

I don't really understand why Aberdeen fans get so bothered when people say things like this. There's a big chunk of truth to it.

All things being equal, Rangers is the fixture that Aberdeen fans would choose to win above any other. The crowd will be up for it and a cultural element of that obviously makes its way onto the pitch. I'd imagine any new Aberdeen signing is quickly made aware of the significance of the fixture.

Same as how Hearts players often mention how quickly it's drummed into them how important derbies are. Hearts, in general, are more up for a game against Hibs than a game against another side. Aberdeen do that with Rangers.

It's your biggest game. Why get so upset when people basically point that out?

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

In my time supporting the Dons we have lost at Parkhead, in the league, by 5 or more goals on the following occasions -

1964/65 0-8

1965/66 1-7

1995/96 0-5

1999/2000 0-7

2000/01 0-6

2010/11 0-9

2023/24 0-6.

Not as many as I'd have guessed to be honest.

Lost 5-0 on the last day of the 2022-23 season too

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't really understand why Aberdeen fans get so bothered when people say things like this. There's a big chunk of truth to it.

All things being equal, Rangers is the fixture that Aberdeen fans would choose to win above any other. The crowd will be up for it and a cultural element of that obviously makes its way onto the pitch. I'd imagine any new Aberdeen signing is quickly made aware of the significance of the fixture.

Same as how Hearts players often mention how quickly it's drummed into them how important derbies are. Hearts, in general, are more up for a game against Hibs than a game against another side. Aberdeen do that with Rangers.

It's your biggest game. Why get so upset when people basically point that out?

No one’s upset here apart from Boydy 😅

The problem Rangers fans have here is that they’re viewing themselves as an equal to Celtic. Celtic have been superior for the majority of seasons since the turn of the century, especially since the reincarnation turned up. I remember when we were challenging for the league around 2014-16, I used to get frustrated that teams would go to Celtic Park and fall to bits but would give us a game but the fact is that they were just better than us. I would imagine that if you looked back on the stats from the last 25 years, most teams would have a better record against Rangers than they do against Celtic.