Hibs v Killie

Very disappointed in Killie today. Barely troubled Hibs in their box and could have played all day without scoring. It appears that even in this new season we're still Jekyll and Hyde in terms of the home and away form, and I don't see that changing in our next game away in Dingwall. We only have ourselves to blame as Hibs looked really poor, but ultimately managed to find a way to put the ball in the net. Looking forward to not having to watch the stripes next weekend, watching Scotland instead will be a rare treat.

Poorest performance of the week, and the first win !

There has been a sickness bug in the squad in the last week. Vente, Levitt, Campbell and a few others, so good to get that win despite lots of them breathing out their arses in the last 20.

Under those circumstances, that Killie had their first shot on target in the 88th minute says a lot about them.

Spoiler

it says they are shite

p.s. Derek McInnes -

grass GIF

3 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Can I just shock you? I like Jair

His progress under Montgomery is amazing.

Lee Johnson destroyed his confidence and we all thought he was a dud.

Turns out he has some good skills, two good feet and - with a few edges roughed off - will be great.

18 hours ago, Judy Murray said:

Can I just shock you? I like Jair

He's giving us reasons to like him. The ball doesn't bounce off him and he doesn't get shoved off the ball by the slightest touch anymore.

If he learns to be aware of who's around him when he receives a ball and doesn't let it bounce 2-3 times before getting it under control, we'll have Latapy 2.0 on our hands. 

On 11/11/2023 at 17:37, Andy_K_97 said:

Very disappointed in Killie today. Barely troubled Hibs in their box and could have played all day without scoring. It appears that even in this new season we're still Jekyll and Hyde in terms of the home and away form, and I don't see that changing in our next game away in Dingwall. We only have ourselves to blame as Hibs looked really poor, but ultimately managed to find a way to put the ball in the net. Looking forward to not having to watch the stripes next weekend, watching Scotland instead will be a rare treat.

It’s the pitch.

I’m not saying we only win because we’ve got the plastic but I just think that is the surface we are best suited to play on, so the disadvantage that other teams feel at RP is the same disadvantage that we feel moving onto grass. 

I don’t know what the solution us, other than just training more on grass. I feel that’s became a monkey on the players back and as such it almost feels like we go into away games with the mindset of being a goal down.