Pars vs ICT - Sat 18th November

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Could argue that’s the best we have looked all season too. 

Going forward? It’s up there, at least in terms of creating chances.

Have been dominated in the middle of the park though, gifting Caley as much time as they want on the ball. Goal was absolutely dreadful defending at the back post.

Don’t think I’ve seen us hit the woodwork so many times in one half. Mix of bad luck and poor finishing.

I know you can say that you male your own luck and stuff but with a couple of those that hit the woodwork I don't think there's much else anyone could have done. Tremendous defending for the one off the bar, looked like the shot from Moffat was heading into the top corner but was headed onto the woodwork. 

Iverness were already quite happy to sit in and hit on the break so it'll be ten times worse now. 

Dominant first half but pointless without the ball in the net.

Thought that looked a really poor challenge right at the end ref could have managed it better with a quick yellow and although I don't have the best view not sure red would have been particularly harsh either.

Hopefully we can score in the second half 🤣

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

Iverness were already quite happy to sit in and hit on the break so it'll be ten times worse now. 

Would imagine possession is actually pretty even tbh.

We’ve done best when getting the ball wide and crossing into the box. Caley have definitely had the better of us in the middle. Still not sure what McPake sees in Paul Allen tbh.

The Moffat one is brilliant defending. McCann’s was at a very tight angle, so can’t be too critical. KRH one you could be overly critical and say he should be scoring it, but it was still a fairly hard chance off the swing in. F*ck sake!

Chalmers absolutely dreadful for that goal. Just seen it there on twitter again. 

Can’t score and can’t defend. And folk say we are too good to be staring at a 5th defeat in 6.

The goals we concede are almost always defensive mistakes/defensive howlers, and our strikers can’t score goals. 

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Certainly in chance creation.

Really poor from chalmers for the goal.

wee rammy could have been avoided if the ref had handled the foul properly in the first place 

Yeah. Ref handled that poorly. Just get the yellow card out right away and head over to prevent any drama. Instead, he just let everyone get wound up.

Not sure why he made Allan go off, since the Caley player was booked for the foul? McPake was (understandably) going daft about it.

We’ve been really unlucky in front of goal. Play like that and a goal will come. Good finish for the goal to be fair. Also worth pointing out that, although we created more chances, Caley also had the best chance of the game - when their number 3 somehow missed an open goal.

Max Anderson (I think he’s number 15?) is bossing the midfield. Really impressed with him.

We need to up our game, stringing decent passes well into their half and then for no reason the ball is passed back and wasted, Duncan will be giving them shit for that and I can see Welsh and Longstaff on 15 minutes into the second if things don't improve.

Bit of over reaction from the Pars over that Shaw foul but borne out of frustration over our sneaky goal against the run of play.