Pars vs ICT - Sat 18th November

Really strange game. Both teams scored at the end of a half where the other team seemed well in control. After hitting the post 6 times, our goal just had to be off the post and in, didn’t it? Some strike from McCann.

Inverness were really good second half. We struggled to break them down - ironically (given the summer we had) we could have done with someone in the role Wotherspoon played for Inverness. But Anderson and the number 7 controlled the game the second half.

Referee continued to be useless in the second half. No idea how Fisher avoided a booking when he wrapped his arms around the Inverness player to stop them breaking. Also no idea what the number 2 was booked for - looked a brilliant challenge on Chalmers.  

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

No idea how Fisher avoided a booking when he wrapped his arms around the Inverness player to stop them breaking.

I think if the referee plays on and the attack continues it's not a booking anymore.

No idea how he didn't give a penalty defender got himself all wrong.

Glad for McCann and finally a week when we don't add the the injury list.

Both sides can be disappointed not to have won, weirdly.

One another day, we’d have had the game finished by half time but thought Caley looked very comfortable for most of the second half.

Very frustrating from the Pars, especially when we seemed to just keep trying the same things over and over again. There is a real lack of quality and often poor decision making in and around the box.

Not sure why I’m having to watch Hamilton in defence and Allen in midfield when we have Comrie sitting on the bench? KRH also needs to be further up the pitch to be effective, although will take time for him and Todd to get back into the swing of things.

Caley brought loads more than I thought they would and seemed to be in good spirits. Safe travels home 🤝

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I think if the referee plays on and the attack continues it's not a booking anymore.

No idea how he didn't give a penalty defender got himself all wrong.

Glad for McCann and finally a week when we don't add the the injury list.

Surely that’s not right? A bookable offence is a bookable offence, even if he plays advantage. I can’t see any benefit to changing that. Could be wrong though.

Looked a stonewall penalty, think it was Devine that dragged Jakubiak down.

Yep, I like McCann. He works so hard and has spells of good play, causes defenders lots of problems. Always keen to have a shot too, but finishing isn’t his best attribute.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Surely that’s not right? A bookable offence is a bookable offence, even if he plays advantage. I can’t see any benefit to changing that. Could be wrong though.

IFAB guidance:

if the offence was stopping a promising attack, no card is shown as playing advantage allowed the attack to continue

Ref got it spot on, didn't even need to talk to him.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

IFAB guidance:

if the offence was stopping a promising attack, no card is shown as playing advantage allowed the attack to continue

Ref got it spot on, didn't even need to talk to him.

Fair. Genuinely wasn’t aware of that one. Referee got that one right then.

Pars were more dominant first half than ICT were second half, so based on that and including hitting the woodwork 6 times, I would say we should've won that game.

Pretty decent game to be fair. Inverness look a decent side and we again showed that we can mix it with anybody in this league. Our lack of scoring touch is holding us back though.

27 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not sure why I’m having to watch Hamilton in defence and Allen in midfield when we have Comrie sitting on the bench? KRH also needs to be further up the pitch to be effective, although will take time for him and Todd to get back into the swing of things.

Think we need Hamilton back there for his organisation. He's been pretty decent back there and while individual errors in defence has led to goals/chances against us, I can't remember such an error coming from Hamilton. Comrie doesn't look as comfortable back there where he is the senior partner so it's probably fair enough. Ritchie-Hosler is an interesting one; he was very good once he got up to speed in League One but is untested at this level yet the expectation from some fans are through the roof. I'd agree he isn't as good in a right wing back role but that's how we play and we aren't suddenly going to go to a 4 at the back. He was very quiet today and O'Halloran looked quite lively when he came on. Todd had some excellent runs in the first half and was always looking to get ahead of McCann, and once he's up to speed I have no doubt he will be a top player at this level and almost certainly higher. With KRH I'm not as convinced.

Comrie was shocking against Ayr in that right centre back role. Hamilton is a far better option. If we recuited another experienced centre back then it wouldn't be an issue though. As I keep saying, we rely on Bene too much. A Euan Murray type signing would've been much better than given somebody like Breen a two year deal.

Weird game, think both sets of fans have a right to feel like they deserved more from it

Lodovica and Sheridan must be honking if we’re finishing the game with Longstaff up front, felt like we lost a lot when Mckay and Wotherspoon both went off. Max Anderson is a player and seemed to be everywhere, some better decision making in the final third from Harper and we could’ve in more than once. 

Two pretty good teams for this level imo and both wanted to try and play on the deck. 

I think a draw was probably a fair result in the end but I could certainly understand if any Dunfermline fan feels differently due to them hitting the woodwork 7 times.

Good point to take back up the road though and keep the unbeaten run going.

47 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Comrie was shocking against Ayr in that right centre back role.

I mean, literally everyone was shite in that game? It was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

I’d much rather keep Comrie at RWB as he’s pretty much gonna give you a 7/10 every week.

Allen and Chalmers as a midfield two is fine when we have the ball but fairly hideous out of possession.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Weird game, think both sets of fans have a right to feel like they deserved more from it

Lodovica and Sheridan must be honking if we’re finishing the game with Longstaff up front, felt like we lost a lot when Mckay and Wotherspoon both went off. Max Anderson is a player and seemed to be everywhere, some better decision making in the final third from Harper and we could’ve in more than once. 

Two pretty good teams for this level imo and both wanted to try and play on the deck. 

Agree with all this.

Longstaff for McKay was unexpected and we lost our way after that , although Harper was getting into good positions late on it felt like we'd never make it count with Louis through the middle.

Thought we knocked it about really well in spells and the progress since Ferguson came in is there for all to see.

An enjoyable day out and a fair result I feel. 

Very strange game but entertaining and happy with a point. First half we seemed to play in front of Dunfermline a lot and they had better chances - hitting the woodwork six times in the half, don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. The first chance hit the inside of one post, rolled along the ground and hit the other, as close as you can get to a goal without actually scoring. The second one was, I think, a header and then that ricocheted back off Devine onto the post before we cleared. The final time a terrible backpass by Boyes which was intercepted and then came off the post to another Par whose shot was half blocked by Ujdur onto the bar. The last one was a bad miss to be honest but the rest were sheer fortune. We then came back, forces a corner and Devine got some space on a ball knocked back in and finished well. 

Second half we improved, started pushing Dunfermline back and playing higher up. We kept possession really well and played good triangles and little moves around the box. Wotherspoon came a lot more into the game and I thought McKay was also very good, some clever touches. We had a few points where we maybe could’ve pulled the trigger but didn’t and eventually that cost us when (after hitting the post again from a long range drive) Dunfermline equalised when McCann looped in a shot after being found in the box. 

Entertaining game that I’m happy to take a point from. Obviously would be better if we’d held out but can’t Mon too much. 

From an ICT perspective, I thought Wotherspoon and Mackay were great, especially second half and I was also impressed with Anderson and Gilmour. Defensively we looked shaky, especially in the first half and made some errors that 99% of the time would be punished. Dunc-ball was intereting, he clearly wants us to keep possession, loads of short passes and long chains of possession. A couple of time Le we had chances at the end of a move with 20 odd passes. It’s good when it works but sometimes I feel we maybe needed some pace or direct threat. 

All in all, interesting game, glad I made it.

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Both sides can be disappointed not to have won, weirdly.

One another day, we’d have had the game finished by half time but thought Caley looked very comfortable for most of the second half.

Very frustrating from the Pars, especially when we seemed to just keep trying the same things over and over again. There is a real lack of quality and often poor decision making in and around the box.

Caley brought loads more than I thought they would and seemed to be in good spirits. Safe travels home 🤝

Without trying to sound like a Falkirk fan, our away crowds have improved in the last 18 months or so.  Contrasted with a definite decrease in away crowds coming to Inverness. I’m not sure what’s caused that. Smaller clubs in the league now than when we first came down perhaps. No idea. 

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Without trying to sound like a Falkirk fan, our away crowds have improved in the last 18 months or so.  Contrasted with a definite decrease in away crowds coming to Inverness. I’m not sure what’s caused that. Smaller clubs in the league now than when we first came down perhaps. No idea. 

I enjoyed the chant about Billy Dodds.