Pars vs Rovers Part IV - Box Office

Cardle is Magic

On 20/11/2023 at 16:55, Stellaboz said:

Right now I have 0% excitement for this. Literally nothing.

Im going to this as I rarely miss a home game, but I’m conflicted here. I never want to see us beaten at EEP, and definitely not by Rovers or Falkirk, but this tournament is the lowest of priority for me. 
The best outcome for me would be to get through this game without injuries regardless of what the score is. 
ETA- Rovers have looked beatable in the two league games we’ve played against each other, so it’s not a stretch to say we can turn them over in this one. Home advantage, and if we can create and finish the amount of chances we did on Saturday could see us through in this one. 

Edited by Wacky

Tickets bought.

If I’m gonna watch Rovers play in Annan, Abroath on a wet Wednesday and Inverness which I will be start of December then I’m not missing a derby in the Scottish cup. 

Really nervous about our defence and whilst not scoring the Pars are clearly creating opportunities. 

Hopefully we can put some delicious balls straight onto big Jack Hamiltons dome. Will take another Sam ‘SPL’ Stanton 1-0 however. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Im going to this as I rarely miss a home game, but I’m conflicted here. I never want to see us beaten at EEP, and definitely not by Rovers or Falkirk, but this tournament is the lowest of priority for me. 
The best outcome for me would be to get through this game without injuries regardless of what the score is. 

If this was the Challenge Cup, or to a lesser extent the League Cup, then I'd be inclined to agree but to label the Scottish Cup as the "lowest of priority" seems a little bewildering especially saying you don't care what the score is as long as nobody gets injured.

I think there'll be a late charge for tickets. For me personally and I'm sure a few others, tomorrow is payday so I was holding getting my ticket  until then as I need to go into the club shop and grab some Christmas presents in the black Friday sale.

I still think it'll be miles off where this game should be in terms of attendance but it'll be a decent crowd. I think if we both managed to get a favourable draw then met again in the last 16 or even last 8 knowing it was for a place in a semi-final then we could sell the place out just like 2011.

We've been much better recently, even the game at Starks we were decent and certainly didn't deserve to lose. Good win at Cappielow, unfortunate against Dundee Utd and then desperately unlucky against the form team in Inverness, on another day that is a 5-1 win. Still, it wasn't, and if we want to progress in the cup we're going to have to start scoring. 

Raith still going well and regularly finding ways of getting wins, something we were good at last season, it's a great trait to have.

Head says Pars, heart says Pars, little voice in head says Rovers will win on penalties with Vaughan scoring the winning one in front of the Norrie. I've said now so it can't happen... 

Edited by The Toun Clock

2 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

If this was the Challenge Cup, or to a lesser extent the League Cup, then I'd be inclined to agree but to label the Scottish Cup as the "lowest of priority" seems a little bewildering especially saying you don't care what the score is as long as nobody gets injured.

Not getting into a relegation dogfight is a higher priority for me, and injuries in a cup game could contribute to this IMO. 
As for not caring about the score, I was meaning that even if we get totally humiliated by a rugby score, I’ll be happy with no more injuries. 

9 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Not getting into a relegation dogfight is a higher priority for me, and injuries in a cup game could contribute to this IMO. 
As for not caring about the score, I was meaning that even if we get totally humiliated by a rugby score, I’ll be happy with no more injuries. 

I agree the league is the main priority but the Scottish Cup shouldn't just be dismissed as if it's completely insignificant. I cannot see how any fan wouldn't care if their team got absolutely pumped by their local rivals but were able to console themselves with the fact that nobody got injured. Each to their own I suppose!

Edited by parsdaft

14 minutes ago, parsdaft said:

I agree the league is the main priority but the Scottish Cup shouldn't just be dismissed as if it's completely insignificant. I cannot see how any fan wouldn't care if their team got absolutely pumped by their local rivals but were able to console themselves with the fact that nobody got injured. Each to their own I suppose!

We all have our own hopes, dreams, priorities, and expectations from our respective clubs. Mine is to finish as high in this league as possible. If that means losing a cup game as opposed to losing more players, then so be it. 
I can assure you that if our injury list wasn’t as bad as we’ve had it this season, I’d have a totally different attitude about the cups. 
I want us to beat every team we play against, but I’d rather loose a cup game against any team than end up with the possibility of being relegated 

I’d rather win the Scottish Cup than get promoted. Yes, it would be great to win the league or go up through the play-offs but winning the cup is proper history-making, never-to-be-forgotten stuff.

It’s obviously only got a slim chance of happening but if you can fluke a draw like Falkirk’s or Caley Thistle’s last season then who knows? Beating the Pars along the way would be even better.

Our recent record of shite draws and not getting a win in this cup for a good while now is a factor in not caring too much I think. If we were to win and draw a winnable game the next round with a chance of a wee cup run, I'm sure that would change. 

I'd not lose sleep if we don't win though.

Let's be honest, neither of us are going to win the Scottish Cup this season, the best either of us can hope for is an away draw to one of the arse cheeks for the payday, possibly at the QF stage.

It's not that I don't want us to win this game, of course I do, however the thought of sitting if a freezing cold football stadium when I can watch from the comfort of a warm house with a couple of beers, the latter is more appealing to me right now. The fact that it's so early in the competition also has a bearing, had it been a last 8 or even last 16 tie I'd probably be all over it.

Edited by keyser_soze

Got a ticket so will be heading through for this one. 

Bit of a strange one as it’s pretty mooted for a derby game but 6 a season is just too many and the reason we should bin 10 team leagues IMO. Not overly arsed if we were to lose this one, don’t get me wrong I’d always rather we beat the Pars but this season the league should be our priority.  If this was a couple of rounds later it’d be different I’m sure. Not been much between the teams the last 3 games so expect a close match again. Our defence looks weaker but with Hamilton back we’re stronger a the other end. Hopefully an entertaining game to take the chill off. 

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The talk of cup vs league is irrelevant both clubs will be going all out to win this just as they will any league game, 

I have to agree. Fans will have their own thoughts on what’s most important, but when the players take to the field they will be going for the win, and I’ll be roaring them on as always 

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The talk of cup vs league is irrelevant both clubs will be going all out to win this just as they will any league game, 

Huh, and I had assumed a few fans on P&B saying the league is more important would cause the players to not bother trying.

Nervous about this one now. 
I can understand some of the apathy that has come before on this thread. 6 derbies in a single season is way too much, and whilst I love the Scottish cup I'd much prefer to get the wins in the league than here. 

Having said that, we have a real point to prove here. 3 losses against the Rovers in the space of a few months is not a reality I want to face at all. 
These games have been largely well contested and I expect another close tie, but we simply must get some bragging rights back.