Pars vs Rovers Part IV - Box Office

Cardle is Magic

You'll struggle to find a case of shithousing which has backfired more than Todd, a player who was getting next to no pelters at Starks Park, sticking his fingers in the lugs. 

It's 100% a 'creating a rod for your own back' situation on that one, and our players have lapped it up at every opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

You'll struggle to find a case of shithousing which has backfired more than Todd, a player who was getting next to no pelters at Starks Park, sticking his fingers in the lugs. 

It's 100% a 'creating a rod for your own back' situation on that one, and our players have lapped it up at every opportunity. 

ah c'mon,  millen etc would have been up to the same stuff without that(something I don't really have a problem with)  There is absolutely no way todd's gesture has had any impact on the following games, apart from millen doing the same thing.

25 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

ah c'mon,  millen etc would have been up to the same stuff without that(something I don't really have a problem with)  There is absolutely no way todd's gesture has had any impact on the following games, apart from millen doing the same thing.

Apart from motivation for the next games 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, Been going too long said:

Not Beelin just remembered and think the players have as well😉

I’d have completely forgotten about it if it wasn’t for constant references to it from Rovers supporters.

Amazed it’s been seared so deeply on the collective wee team psyche.

On 17/11/2023 at 23:08, mrpaddyx said:

Can't wait, haven't played the Pars in so long, this game is well over due!

I was clearly being sarcasitc here and I was 50/50 on going to the game but like Hamilton last week we decided to go anyway and it was another good decision. I can't add much more to what has already been other than we were really good and Dunfermline look well short, especially up front.

See you all again in 38 days......

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’d have completely forgotten about it if it wasn’t for constant references to it from Rovers supporters.

Amazed it’s been seared so deeply on the collective wee team psyche.

Aye right 😂😂 you were all making it your profile picture on Twitter and calling him a pars legend for doing it😂😂, if you repeat it enough you might believe it

24 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Apart from motivation for the next games 🤷🏻‍♂️

Right lads, we’ve got a local derby today, 3 points up for grabs, you’ll get the crowd support, some more money in your account and the likelihood to keep your place for next week.  Also one of their players made a gesture you’ll see all the time towards our fans. 

You really think the last point makes a difference?

12 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Aye right 😂😂 you were all making it your profile picture on Twitter and calling him a pars legend for doing it😂😂, if you repeat it enough you might believe it

That didn’t happen tho did it?

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Right lads, we’ve got a local derby today, 3 points up for grabs, you’ll get the crowd support, some more money in your account and the likelihood to keep your place for next week.  Also one of their players made a gesture you’ll see all the time towards our fans. 

That didn’t happen tho did it?

Mate it did happen but believe what you want, but the chat went remember the wee naff who thought he was Billy big time, let’s ram his gesture up his erse😉 

maybe you should try it you clearly need the help 😜

Edited by Been going too long

5 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

By the way, how bad is Willie Column? He’s meant to be our best ref? I think he got every decision wrong last night, for both teams.

I would say that for the first 40 minute or so his call of the match was actually quite decent. Then Easton got clipped from behind for no real result, and it was like Dr. Frankenstein turned into Mr. Hyde. I don’t know if some players said things to him on that, or if something else occurred related to that, but he came out after the half as the rampaging c**t we all know so well. Gone was the decent play of advantage, the calm speaking to a player, the rational viewing of tackles etc, and out came Mr. All About Me. He certainly seems to focus his ire more upon the Rovers, but the whole game lost its flow after the half, with strange whistles and unbalanced enforcement.

4 hours ago, wellyboot said:

Murray claimed he played a 3-6-1 last night but for me it was a 3 at the back then the other 7 played all over the park.

This. It resembled the results of an American football play drawn up in the dirt on a school yard. We had 3 defenders and 1 striker…everyone else was floating all over the place and it just somehow worked. It’s a huge compliment to the players that they were able to deliver a performance like that from such a scheme, and massive balls from IM to allow this to happen organically like that. The classic example of this is Stanton’s contribution to the first goal…he touched the ball three times in the sequence, the first by the left touchline, the second near the right touchline, and the third nearer the center circle…all in a 48 second sequence.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He certainly seems to focus his ire more upon the Rovers, but the whole game lost its flow after the half, with strange whistles and unbalanced enforcement.

The tackle from Fisher which led to your second goal was absolutely fine, a great challenge and never a free-kick. Also a bad dive by Ross Millen for your third. We certainly shouldn’t have had a penalty but he got two big ones wrong that led to goals.

Btw, I’m not for one minute saying we lost because of the officiating. But two big calls wrong that directly led to goals. He’s an abysmal referee. 

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The tackle from Fisher which led to your second goal was absolutely fine, a great challenge and never a free-kick. Also a bad dive by Ross Millen for your third. We certainly shouldn’t have had a penalty but he got two big ones wrong that led to goals.

Btw, I’m not for one minute saying we lost because of the officiating. But two big calls wrong that directly led to goals. He’s an abysmal referee. 

Wasn’t saying he was uneven in the calling stupidity, but the cards were heavily employed on the Rovers side versus the Pars. It seemed the same tackle/push by a Rover was more likely to draw a yellow than the reverse. The actual calling of fouls went from very good to absolutely baffling about halftime.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Your team's manager pinned it up on the dressing wall that the Rovers twitter said '7th placed Dunfermline' 

That must have made a huge difference because you were actually quite competitive in that game

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Also a bad dive by Ross Millen for your third. 

A dive that leads to us scoring directly from the free kick is far from a bad dive.