🔴🔵 The Caley vs Cowdenbeath 🔵🐄

Stephen Malkmus

I have to say that ICT are very beatable, but it won’t happen in this game. If Cowden have any confidence left in them at all, ICT will strip that away in this game. 
I always hope all Fife teams will do well in any game they play, but I think this is going to be sore one for The Blue Brazil. 

I feel we need to play a strong side here.  We're undefeated in 6 in the league and we need that momentum to continue.

Plus, the benchwarmers and youth players have proven they can't be trusted to beat tier 5 opposition.

16 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Extremely tough draw for us. Hopefully we can put in a good performance. Even if we do I think it’s a tall order to get into the next round. 

Its a poor draw really, long journey with high costs against a championship side, imagine crowd will be poor at 700-800 so not even the windfall of a decent gate. The magic of the cup right enough.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Its a poor draw really, long journey with high costs against a championship side, imagine crowd will be poor at 700-800 so not even the windfall of a decent gate. The magic of the cup right enough.

Looks like about 800 or so tickets sold so far.

Anything can happen in these type of games, but I would say that we need to have a fully fit squad and everyone playing at their best and Inverness having an off day for us to have any chance.

I fear we might be on the end of a drubbing.

Will Mac2 be playing?

Start of this years Hampden journey and good chance to divert attention from the 'tiresome' battery farm chat through giving these butchers, bakers and candlestick makers the level of skudding expected by an elite team with rich pedigree in this competition.

Home team to score more goals than these Fifers have digits on their 6 finger hands please.

21 hours ago, PELE said:

Looks like about 800 or so tickets sold so far.

Anything can happen in these type of games, but I would say that we need to have a fully fit squad and everyone playing at their best and Inverness having an off day for us to have any chance.

I fear we might be on the end of a drubbing.

Will Mac2 be playing?

Mac2 is eligible was he was suspended when we played Lithgae.

9 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Start of this years Hampden journey and good chance to divert attention from the 'tiresome' battery farm chat through giving these butchers, bakers and candlestick makers the level of skudding expected by an elite team with rich pedigree in this competition.

Home team to score more goals than these Fifers have digits on their 6 finger hands please.

Aye. Fitever.

30 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Ladbrokes have us 2/11 odds on, 11/2 the draw and Cowden 16/1 against.

I can't recall such long odds in our favour over the years and I'm a wee bit apprehensive even though we should win.

I would think these odds are about right. Inverness absolutely should win. However the game has to be played and you have to earn it. Not a good draw for us tbh. Still it’s good experience for our players. Whatever the score. 

Those two late strikes were as relieving as they were quality.

I was very interested to see what Sheridan would bring as a starter and he's a most deceptive player, he's actually slower than he looks.*

Fair play to Cowdenbeath, up until the Spoony touch of class, they stayed in the game and always carried at least the hint of a threat. Good luck to them. As it turned out, a good run out for Sean Welsh and our name in the hat.

* apologies to Cillian and Shankly.

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

How’d the boy Brooks get on? Not seen him play since the Dumbarton game 

Busy enough but not effective.

Whether he'd have made a better fist of it with a regular starter alongside him we'll never know but today's showing didn't indicate to me that he's ready to play a significant part.