The Autumn Statement

Suspect Device

I'll save a few quid from this and a few more as my pension contributions drop by nearly 4% in January. My back-of-the-fag-packet calculations tell me that between the two I'll have something like an extra £270 when I get paid at the end of January. 

The fact that this was a cut in NI and not income tax means that folk in Scotland will see it also. Had the base rate of income tax been cut in England, that would not have been passed on here. 

I'm fairly sure I heard a Green MSP on the radio yesterday saying that this cut in NI will be dwarfed by the Tories freezing tax thresholds. But tax thresholds in Scotland have been frozen for ages and at a lower level by the government here which includes the Greens. 

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Who they are: 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/21/uk-millionaires-tax-wealth-treasury-jeremy-hunt-patriotic-millionaires-uk

They're actually part of a wider anglosphere movement that's been going for a couple of years now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60053919

They could already pay more if they wanted.

Can I pay more tax voluntarily? - UK (advisingfamilies.org)

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

They could already pay more if they wanted.

Can I pay more tax voluntarily? - UK (advisingfamilies.org)

They're talking on behalf of their class not as individuals. They're class traitors, but the good kind, for once. The millionaires who donate to the Tory party (and now the Labour party too) do so precisely to prevent the introduction of a wealth tax. 

Edited by Freedom Farter