Aberdeen vs rangers

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Oh, I'm not saying what you mentioned doesn't exist, and I think it's part of the issue. But I don't think it's sufficient.

I still think it’s more likely that it’s motivated by taking the path of least resistance rather than conscious partisan decision making tbh. 

Celtic and Rangers are refereed to different standards, its an undeniable fact.

You can have the same referee in games against them act completely differently to games against Livingston.

Everyone knows that if Greg Taylor is a Motherwell player then hes sent off yesterday, and if Aberdeen are 1-0 down at Ibrox they dont get that penalty. 

Celtic and Rangers fans will never accept that though because theyre too ingrained in their club biases, and as fans they're allowed to be that way.

Ive no idea why the clubs just accept it though, something should be said publicly more often than it is, as its public pressure that creates the different standards i reckon. 

8 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

We dont concede them because we are honking at the back and simply concede goals

Top marks for the idea that being bad at defending would make a team less likely to give away penalties. 🤣

The mental gymnastics required to support Rangers must be exhausting.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic and Rangers are refereed to different standards, its an undeniable fact.

You can have the same referee in games against them act completely differently to games against Livingston.

Everyone knows that if Greg Taylor is a Motherwell player then hes sent off yesterday, and if Aberdeen are 1-0 down at Ibrox they dont get that penalty. 

Celtic and Rangers fans will never accept that though because theyre too ingrained in their club biases, and as fans they're allowed to be that way.

Ive no idea why the clubs just accept it though, something should be said publicly more often than it is, as its public pressure that creates the different standards i reckon. 

Something definitely should be said about Aberdeen not getting a hypothetical penalty at Ibrox. 

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Top marks for the idea that being bad at defending would make a team less likely to give away penalties. 🤣

The mental gymnastics required to support Rangers must be exhauting.

Here was me thinking that Rubezic conceding daft penalties was a flaw in his abilities. 

Given rangers aspire to be a team so defensively sound that they concede penalties regularly then they can have him for a cool 8 figure fee. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Here was me thinking that Rubezic conceding daft penalties was a flaw in his abilities. 

Given rangers aspire to be a team so defensively sound that they concede penalties regularly then they can have him for a cool 8 figure fee. 

I love the idea of the end of season debrief kicking off with "A big positive this season was that we gave away 25% more penalties than last year, so things are moving in the right direction."

Just now, mcginns said:

Remind me...one of the VAR atrocities recently admitted by the authorities...a certain last minute penalty scored by Aberdeen.

That's different, don't ask why, just accept that is.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Honsetly, I don't even like Aberdeen

That’s a lie 

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I love the idea of the end of season debrief kicking off with "A big positive this season was that we gave away 25% more penalties than last year, so things are moving in the right direction."

Tbf I could maybe see Lee Johnson conducting a post match interview saying “yes we’re scoring lots of goals but were not conceding any penalties which isn’t acceptable at this level”