Motherwell vs. Dundee Saturday December 2nd

14 minutes ago, Quatermass said:

Anyone wondering about the impact of VAR on a game only needs to have been at this one today. You are never sure if your team has scored or conceded a goal. A fear or a hope that it will be chalked off minutes later always lingers now. When you have taken the best thing about the game, namely celebrating a goal, and effectively ruined it as more often than not there is a review you need to blindly sit though for three or four minutes after it, then the game is in trouble. The pure instant joy of a goal seems lost now.

I couldn’t even think of a reason for our first goal to be announced as a review.

34 minutes ago, ropy said:

I couldn’t even think of a reason for our first goal to be announced as a review.

IMO, VAR got both decisions wrong today. Mugabe clearly used Shaughnessy as a springboard and impeded his jump, and it was never a sending off, the boy went for the ball but McCowan was quicker and just unfortunately caught him high up his leg. Just my take.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

IMO, VAR got both decisions wrong today. Mugabe clearly used Shaughnessy as a springboard and impeded his jump, and it was never a sending off, the boy went for the ball but McCowan was quicker and just unfortunately caught him high up his leg. Just my take.

The Paton challenge wasn’t missed by the ref, if he had given a red then so be it, any challenge can be seen as innocuous or worthy of a card.  It doesn’t seem to have been an obvious error by the ref, just a difference of opinion between him and the VAR guy.  Is that what VAR is for? 

Just now, ropy said:

The Paton challenge wasn’t missed by the ref, if he had given a red then so be it, any challenge can be seen as innocuous or worthy of a card.  It doesn’t seem to have been an obvious error by the ref, just a difference of opinion between him and the VAR guy.  Is that what VAR is for? 

Yeah good point, and everything watched over and over in slow motion looks worse.

2 points dropped without a doubt....thought motherwells 2nd was a foul as the boy was climbing all over shaughnessy's back and the sending off was never a sending off and all this slowing down and freezing incidents has to stop as it looks so much worse than what it was.....anyway we looked decent again today and if we cut out the odd brainfart we'll be well clear of the scrap at the bottom

19 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Had a great time and was glad to escape the western shithole that is Motherwell with all my stuff. A dreadful stadium in a dreadful place, two points dropped of course. 

twist and shout, onwards and upwards.

Thank you. 

Man from Dundee says Motherwell is dreadful. f**k all self awareness imho.

I forgot momentarily that Dens Park is a dead ringer for the Tottenham Hotspur stadium. 

Decent support from Dundee on a cold winters day. Cameron is a player and Beck has a good future ahead of him. 

That apart I am glad we scored in 97 minutes to ruin your day 🖕

36 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Had a great time and was glad to escape the western shithole that is Motherwell with all my stuff. A dreadful stadium in a dreadful place, two points dropped of course. 

twist and shout, onwards and upwards.

Thank you. 

What stuff did you have? 

56 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Man from Dundee says Motherwell is dreadful. f**k all self awareness imho.

I forgot momentarily that Dens Park is a dead ringer for the Tottenham Hotspur stadium. 

Decent support from Dundee on a cold winters day. Cameron is a player and Beck has a good future ahead of him. 

That apart I am glad we scored in 97 minutes to ruin your day 🖕

I live in Aberdeen which, as with most eastern cities eclipses anything on offer in your weegie toilets. 

Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I live in Aberdeen which, as with most eastern cities eclipses anything on offer in your weegie toilets. 

Thank you. 

I live in a spectacularly posh part of Edinburgh. Thank you. Goodnight 😴 

Agree with the comments...in live time there was so little from Mugabi it wasn't a foul but surprised it passed trial by slow motion. Same for Paton, yellow fine but a VAR red all day long unless you're Celtic last week. I actually think had it not been directly after the sending off Dundee would have had a penalty for the tussle... not that it should have been but 'these days' etc.

Find it disconcerting that after 30 years of being a clown show Dundee are actually building a solid side. I felt from early in they wouldn't go down but will upgrade them to pushing for the top six (albeit missing out this time) now.