The Ton 🔵⚪ v The Arabs 🟠⚫ 2-12-23

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

We learned it from Dunfermline (although they didn't need to be a goal up for it)

Glad we're all now clear it's not only Morton who 'play a certain way'.

Less glad that people paid real actual money to watch that last night...

I'm not sure airdrie were deliberately being that clever, calculated and cynical, but they pretty much targetted our best players and, even though they coudn't beat us, they effectively stopped us from winning any of our next three games while they've caught up. What was most surprising was the ref watched them do it.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I've absolutely no problem with an away team, a goal up, hitting the deck at every opportunity and slowing down the restart; it worked.

Complaint is with the gimp of a referee, who let them do it for over an hour. At certain points he was waiting around until the Utd players were gracious enough to agree to continue the game. Eye-bleeding stuff.

He could have played about twenty minutes additional time (aye, I know: we still wouldn't have scored).

Aye, well that's one way of looking at it. 

There were quite a few occasions when the Ref was ball-watching i.e. turning his back on where it had just been.

I'm sure both sides would have been penalised if he wasn't so keen to avoid the obvious.

Absolutely delighted to see United come out on top in an ugly, absolute war of a game.  Whilst I’d love to see more quality in final 3rd and finishing, just to see us compete, not get bullied etc. is very refreshing.

No serious complaints at all with that United performance.

9 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Oh we look forward to the return leg too. On a decent pitch. 

Maybe next time you'll try and win the game as well you horrible c***s.

8 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I'm not sure airdrie were deliberately being that clever, calculated and cynical, but they pretty much targetted our best players and, even though they coudn't beat us, they effectively stopped us from winning any of our next three games while they've caught up. What was most surprising was the ref watched them do it.

This. Is. Brilliant. 

It was all a ploy. 

😂😂😂

Youtube Fashion GIF

Edited by Shooter McGavin

9 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

My suggestion would be to fuckk off right back onto the Partick/Brian Graham Fanclub forum where you belong. You have yourself a nice evening, now.

18 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

A post so bad it's currently being slagged on the Airdrie fans Facebook page. If you've ever been on the Airdrie fans Facebook page you'll understand why that's such an insult.

20 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I hope Oakley recovers for you in time for the Cup tie a good player,   it was a physical game which Morton didn't hold back in,   remember the cynical challenge on Lewis McGregor which could have put him out for the season, or will we not talk about that..  ATS clipping Oakley was part of the game, retribution you decide, an eye for an eye and all that macho bollocks....  

Good luck against Hearts with a fit Oakley (surprise,surprise) leading the line..

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

remember the cynical challenge on Lewis McGregor which could have put him out for the season, or will we not talk about that..  ATS clipping Oakley was part of the game

Ah yes, the cynical challenge on Lewis McGregor (he twisted his knee trying to turn) and the 'clip' on Oakley (he was knee'd in the back with no intent to win the ball).

All for physicality and players leaving a bit on each other, kneeing someone in the back knowing you're never winning the ball is just cowardly, as was his horrendous foul on Crawford in the first 10 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Ah yes, the cynical challenge on Lewis McGregor (he twisted his knee trying to turn) and the 'clip' on Oakley (he was knee'd in the back with no intent to win the ball).

All for physicality and players leaving a bit on each other, kneeing someone in the back knowing you're never winning the ball is just cowardly, as was his horrendous foul on Crawford in the first 10 minutes.

Ah yes, your players do seem to like to leave a bit on opposition players.

82 league bookings so far this season,  the highest number by any team in Scottish Football so far...surely that is indefensible....  

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

82 league bookings so far this season,  the highest number by any team in Scottish Football so far...surely that is indefensible....  

Read it once more and try again.

I said I'm all for players leaving a bit on each other, and at no point claimed we're not overly physical. I pointed out your 2 completely made up incidents, which you've conveniently ignored to argue a point I've never disputed.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Assume you'll be providing a full break-down of what those bookings were for,* including, specifically, the number of incidents remotely comparable to kneeing an opponent in the back while making no attempt to play the ball?

Spoiler

*Willing to bet that around half were for irrelevant bullshit that niggly wee arsehole refs just love to make part of the story...

15 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Maybe next time you'll try and win the game as well you horrible c***s.

Can’t win with you boys. Try and play good football and lose and get called soft. Kick f**k out of you and lose and get caught horrible c***s. 

34 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Can’t win with you boys. Try and play good football and lose and get called soft. Kick f**k out of you and lose and get caught horrible c***s. 

We'll send through a certificate and a well done sticker next time.

1 minute ago, Ferguson said:

We'll send through a certificate and a well done sticker next time.

Will ye aye? 

This chat has brightened up an otherwise dull Thursday. 

Good luck against Hearts. 

2 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Read it once more and try again.

I said I'm all for players leaving a bit on each other, and at no point claimed we're not overly physical. I pointed out your 2 completely made up incidents, which you've conveniently ignored to argue a point I've never disputed.

I will rephrase it,  you are quite happy for Morton players to be over physical (your words). But get a tad upset if opponents get over physical with Morton players.. 

Is that fair enough comment......  Where's Oakley off to next season ( recovery permitting)