The Ton 🔵⚪ v The Arabs 🟠⚫ 2-12-23

What's our team gonna be? Seems like Goodwin's found a tombola.

I'd go - allow Sibbald to get a bit further forward

Walton

Thomson Gallagher  Holt  McMann

Sibbald Grimshaw Docherty

Grieve  Middleton

Moult

I think I'd go ..

Walton

Grimshaw Gallagher  Holt  McMann

Docherty Sibbald

Cudjoe Watt Fotheringham

Moult

Thomson's been pretty good but this will be a scrap and I'd go with the most experienced group available (Cudjoe for Middleton aside because Middleton looks flat as a pancake just now). 

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

I think I'd go ..

Walton

Grimshaw Gallagher  Holt  McMann

Docherty Sibbald

Cudjoe Watt Fotheringham

Moult

Thomson's been pretty good but this will be a scrap and I'd go with the most experienced group available (Cudjoe for Middleton aside because Middleton looks flat as a pancake just now). 

Similar team to me although on his showings I'd keep Thomson on and have Grimshaw ready to replace Doc off the bench 

Main worry is that, in the Tannadice (3-2) game, the United defense folded largely because of Oakley's presence and strength up top.

If he's not on (likely to be the case), it relies on Jai or Robbie, neither of whom are up to Oakley's level in that sense - Jai is good at it, but can't finish to save himself.

On the flipside, United have been largely clueless against us this season, but as the last game proved, still a threat.

Hard one to call.

Has to be Quitongo through the middle for me. Muirhead is useless there in this current system, sacrificing what he offers out wide especially as he won't be up against the fastest full back tonight would be criminal.

Anyone's guess in goal

French  Baird  O'Connor  Strapp

Gillespie  Power

Bearne  Crawford  Muirhead

Quitongo

Bearne earned his chance on account of his willingness to get stuck in at the weekend that we didn't see from the other wingers. Power and Crawford must be running on fumes now, but we can't afford to drop either of them. Back 4 picks itself.

6 minutes ago, Mon eh Ton said:

Not confident we can get a result tonight, but would quite like to see Power and Broadfoot just wind up detestable characters like Watt all game.

Broadfoot will not be available

11 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Will this be on PPV?

According to Ton TV it is only available to Match Subscription Holders (season pass or half-season pass).

1 hour ago, Mr Toon said:

Broadfoot will not be available

Best news I've heard all week.

Good luck Morton. Always been my 2nd favourite team.

32 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Broadfoot bossed it at Tannadice last time out so it's a boost for us.

He’s been back to his usual self in the last 2 sub appearances post-injury. He hit a good bit of form through December and January but looks to have come back struggling again. 

Thank god Mullen’s back. Quitongo at least offers us ‘something’ in Oakley’s absence, but doubts over his fitness. Happily take a draw this evening. 

Anything less than a win is a bad result. 

I don't mean to disrespect Morton by any means. If its a draw or a win for them then they'll most likely deserve it. But we simply have to win here. 

I fucking hate United these days.

Good to have Jai back - as long as he is fully fit.  The rest might have done him good.  Mullen back is a huge boost with Macdonald not fully fit either.