Livi vs Ross County Sat 2nd Dec

Couple weeks ago this was the game that we were looking at as our best chance to get a win and hopefully turn a corner. County appointing a new manager probably fucks that up for us a bit.

Not going to try and guess a line-up/formation, I just hope players are in their most natural position and it's not a case of some random County player scored a header once so our entire game plan is trying to stop that.

Wouldn't be too fussed if we just let nature do it's thing, if the pitch freezes then it spares everyone an afternoon. Ideally get that decision made tonight/first thing in the morning.

22 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Hopefully we go for a back 4 if Obileye isn't able to start. 

Yup, we should've been doing that for the duration of his absence. A 4-2-3-1 with Nouble left mid and either McKay or Bradley on the right. Stephen Kelly attacking mid.

Its a bit less attractive now that McKay is out and Obileye is nearing a return. At least with three centre backs we can get Anderson and Nouble up front together in a 3-5-2.

I don't want to see the 3-6-1/3-4-2-1 tomorrow. Maybe if we're trying to protect a lead late on we can switch to it but not from the start.

55 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Pitch inspection 9.30am tomorrow. WTF.

It's supposed to hit -4 / -5 in Livi tonight and has been below zero the last couple of nights. A pitch inspection that early is most likely because of the distance County and their fans have to travel. 

I can't see the pitch passing an inspection that early in the morning with the met office showing it still to be -2. 

Would add that I reckon the only way a grass pitch would pass inspection in the same circumstances would be if it had undersoil heating as there's a section of our pitch that gets virtually no sun in the winter. 

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Couple weeks ago this was the game that we were looking at as our best chance to get a win and hopefully turn a corner. County appointing a new manager probably fucks that up for us a bit.

Not going to try and guess a line-up/formation, I just hope players are in their most natural position and it's not a case of some random County player scored a header once so our entire game plan is trying to stop that.

Wouldn't be too fussed if we just let nature do it's thing, if the pitch freezes then it spares everyone an afternoon. Ideally get that decision made tonight/first thing in the morning.

Yep, has Guthrie man marking Jordan White at set pieces written all over it. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Bound to know if it has a chance, if it was unplayable today at 9.30am, it'll be unplayable at that time tomorrow, we're getting the same temperatures. The sun will barely be out at that time.

Looks like its the SPFL thats called it no Livi? 

You would think that the County team will have left by 09:30hrs? 

32 minutes ago, Livi said:

Looks like its the SPFL thats called it no Livi? 

You would think that the County team will have left by 09:30hrs? 

County team bus went past my window at 1400 today for their usual overnight. 

Edited by Staggie52

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

If by all day shot you mean McFlurries all round, I say yes.  

As long as there is no swearing at broxden. It will, be alright with me and the Boss Mr Adams. 

Still be better than winning Irn Bru and cakes from Owen Coyle look how that one ended up..

Edited by Super Staggie

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The "but it's supposed to be an all-weather pitch!" brigade will be out in full force once this is called off.

Although it’s an artificial surface it still freezes just like any other surface as does the substrate below it. 

Do Livi not have heating under the surface? It may be that it’s incompatible with the artificial surface. 

21 minutes ago, Staggie1984 said:

Although it’s an artificial surface it still freezes just like any other surface as does the substrate below it. 

Do Livi not have heating under the surface? It may be that it’s incompatible with the artificial surface. 

They can't afford it.

On 30/11/2023 at 16:53, ATLIS said:

Livi win or Martindale goes I think

I’ve no idea what Livingston fans expect. Smallest support/ budget in the league and have punched way above their weight for years. Like Hamilton before them. I honestly don’t believe Martindale is under any pressure and certainly shouldn’t be.