Livi vs Ross County Sat 2nd Dec

45 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

https://twitter.com/daveblacklfc/status/1730931377560834515?s=46&t=ifEZjmsywM4zZ6LsoCdAjw

I’m aware that there could be specific areas of the pitch not in camera sight that could be causing the game to be called off, however that pitch looks… alright?

No idea mate, all it shows is a telescoped view of a pitch from one corner

14 hours ago, CambieBud said:

I’ve no idea what Livingston fans expect. Smallest support/ budget in the league and have punched way above their weight for years. Like Hamilton before them. I honestly don’t believe Martindale is under any pressure and certainly shouldn’t be.

There's more to it than the surface level. He's absolutely under pressure given it's, I think, six losses in a row. We went around four full games with one shot on target. Even with little to no budget, that should be sounding off alarm bells alone.

Managers have a shelf life and I fear that Martindale is close to the end of his, despite the wonders he has worked with us.

Also, what would a rough estimate be for ripping up the plastic, sticking in grass, maintaining the grass and buying/installing/running undersoil heating? For a club with an annual turnover of just over 1m, I can't see us just taking that whole sum and whacking it on a pitch :D 

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

It is funny that if you look at the companies who provide artificial surfaces their websites stress heavily they aren't actually all-weather surfaces.

I have no idea if Livi salted the pitch with special pure salt before the freeze came in, whether insulating covers work with 4G surfaces or whatever else. Maybe there's a good reason they didn't do these things, maybe they were just tight. I just thought it was funny that Sherrif John Bunnell's prediction came true within minutes of the game being called off, & by someone whose side has no interested in this battle between relegation fodder at that.

Just imagining the inevitable astro slide leg burns with salt in the wounds…

Jake Johnson Pain GIF by New Girl

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

It is funny that if you look at the companies who provide artificial surfaces their websites stress heavily they aren't actually all-weather surfaces.

I have no idea if Livi salted the pitch with special pure salt before the freeze came in, whether insulating covers work with 4G surfaces or whatever else. Maybe there's a good reason they didn't do these things, maybe they were just tight. I just thought it was funny that Sherrif John Bunnell's prediction came true within minutes of the game being called off, & by someone whose side has no interested in this battle between relegation fodder at that.

I’d ask Martindale about that. 

4 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Can Livi not invest in some thermal covers? 
Is it any worse than conditions in Helsinki on Thursday?

Its a really frustrating call off, County  have tentatively shown an upturn in form. Livi on the other hand are struggling. This won’t be replayed until after the Jan window has opened, giving Livi the chance to regroup.

This has happened twice to us vs Livi, I would quite happily see them relegated and their drug dealing ned sacked too. If there’s one thing I hate more than shit pitches, it’s drug dealers.

County will obviously get the wallet out in January, which is more than Livi can do. 

Weird to get quite so angry about a game being called off. 

1 hour ago, morrison said:

County will obviously get the wallet out in January, which is more than Livi can do. 

Weird to get quite so angry about a game being called off. 

They should get the wallet out and buy some covers.

Also, as stated, I’m not angry but I am frustrated. It clearly favoured County to play today, with our new manager bounce and Livis horrid form. Im not claiming a conspiracy but asking a club in the top league in the country to have a ground suitable for a Scottish winter is not beyond expectations. I mean it does get cold in winter every year… Once again it will be the only top flight game lost this weekend. 

Spoiler

And I hate drug dealers

27 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Also, as stated, I’m not angry but I am frustrated. It clearly favoured County to play today, with our new manager bounce and Livis horrid form. Im not claiming a conspiracy but asking a club in the top league in the country to have a ground suitable for a Scottish winter is not beyond expectations. I mean it does get cold in winter every year… Once again it will be the only top flight game lost this weekend. 

Hide contents

And I hate drug dealers

🤣🤣🤣🥶.

33 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Yip just about sums it up!

Hide contents

And I hate drug dealers

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

https://twitter.com/daveblacklfc/status/1730931377560834515?s=46&t=ifEZjmsywM4zZ6LsoCdAjw

I’m aware that there could be specific areas of the pitch not in camera sight that could be causing the game to be called off, however that pitch looks… alright?

It's the other side of the pitch that was always the problem as the sun never touches it, when we had grass the six yard box in particular was almost never green

3 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I don’t know why, but can tell you how: prioritising funds on playing staff over facilities. 

I can see why how that would affect, erm, the weather

1588503051_tenor(1).gif.057f337d0842f0dd07c8ea3d6e074f6a.gif

Edited by LiviLion

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I can see why how that would affect, erm, the weather

1588503051_tenor(1).gif.057f337d0842f0dd07c8ea3d6e074f6a.gif

Funny it doesn’t affect the other 11 clubs in the league?

By all means blame the weather for your own clubs inadequacies, half of the western world uses that tactic for political gain.

2 hours ago, USSR Tycoon said:

Tin pot team with an amateurish set up. Everyone hates the ‘all weather pitch ‘ that is unplayable due to the weather. Games off in the championship they claim ………… that’s where they belong!

This isn’t the ‘80s mate.  Absolutely nobody thinks these pitches are an ‘all weather pitch’.  Can’t recall the last time I heard somebody refer to them as such.

10 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Dare say this pish could go on all night.Same old over and over again.Subjects closed.Shut the feck up and good night.💩.

Most County fans are sensible, a few are wallopers, pretty much the norm for every team.

The ire our pitch causes, even when games are played, makes having it worth while, pure box office.

19 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

This isn’t the ‘80s mate.  Absolutely nobody thinks these pitches are an ‘all weather pitch’.  Can’t recall the last time I heard somebody refer to them as such.

Steven Thompson on Sportscene last night

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Steven Thompson on Sportscene last night

🤣 Yeh, I noticed that.  Do you reckon he saying it sarcastically?  I’m not entirely sure.

ETA He does wear a lot of Farah clothing, which nobody has thought is trendy since the 80s, so that may explain it…..

Edited by Shadow Play