Livi vs Ross County Sat 2nd Dec

I kind of figured the referee would arrive, take a 4 second glance at the pitch and then call it off, based on the local weather reports. Either that's a surprisingly positive sign or the referee slept in.

10 hours ago, Staggie1984 said:

Although it’s an artificial surface it still freezes just like any other surface as does the substrate below it. 

Do Livi not have heating under the surface? It may be that it’s incompatible with the artificial surface. 

I believe USH can't be accommodated under our artificial surface

19 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I believe USH can't be accommodated under our artificial surface

Weirdly, I looked into astroturf heating yesterday and there's certainly some businesses saying they can install undersoil heating for artificial pitches. Didn't check it they were UK based or anything though but as a generalisation the technology at Least seems exist. 

Not saying that means "wElL lIvI sHoUld hAvE iT" not am I saying it was possible for them to have it, I just had just always assumed it wasn't a thing whatsoever but it seems it is 🤷‍♂️

I've ranted about this before but why do folk seem to believe they're genuine all weather?

If snow or moisture of any kind is sitting in the turf, if that then freezes... It's freezing solid the turf also 🤷‍♂️ you might be able to melt sections but whole pitches where it's many minus in temp... No chance. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Weirdly, I looked into astroturf heating yesterday and there's certainly some businesses saying they can install undersoil heating for artificial pitches. Didn't check it they were UK based or anything though but as a generalisation the technology at Least seems exist. 

Not saying that means "wElL lIvI sHoUld hAvE iT" not am I saying it was possible for them to have it, I just had just always assumed it wasn't a thing whatsoever but it seems it is 🤷‍♂️

Ive seen the same ads but perhaps the technology isn't compatible with all artificial pitches or didn't exist/wasn't feasible when we installed the surface 

Just now, bennett said:

It's an all weather pitch.

Grass is an all weather pitch too.  Doesn’t mean it’s not sometimes unplayable.  

Anyway, fair fucks to Livingston/the ref for calling it as early as possible.  County fans get the short end of the stick far too often in these cases.  

18 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:
37 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

ur artificial surface

Weirdly, I looked into astroturf heating yesterday and there's certainly some businesses saying they can install undersoil heating for artificial pitches.

Of course they'll say that. Whether it actually works is a different question.

11 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Aye, you called it.

I think fans of other teams are quite right to point out the inadequacies of Livi plastic pitch. I am quite sure when it was installed one of the reasons would be that it would stand up better to inclement weather than grass pitches. Well that is patently shite. 

Motherwell spent over a £million on our pitch and guess what it is playable today in the same weather that the all weather pitch is not. Would rather have had some of that million to spend on players and we might not be on a 10 game winless streak. Plus County now have a few days rest ahead of our game on Tuesday whilst we no doubt pick up injuries and suspensions. 

So aye. f**k Livi and their shite plastic pitch. 

Edited by welldaft

Can Livi not invest in some thermal covers? 
Is it any worse than conditions in Helsinki on Thursday?

Its a really frustrating call off, County  have tentatively shown an upturn in form. Livi on the other hand are struggling. This won’t be replayed until after the Jan window has opened, giving Livi the chance to regroup.

This has happened twice to us vs Livi, I would quite happily see them relegated and their drug dealing ned sacked too. If there’s one thing I hate more than shit pitches, it’s drug dealers.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Ive seen the same ads but perhaps the technology isn't compatible with all artificial pitches or didn't exist/wasn't feasible when we installed the surface 

Also the reason we got the pitch was down to cost v having a grass one, adding USH would change the pros and cons of that a bit. It's meant to take -4 i think, been lower than that the last few days, we all it would be off.

25 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I think fans of other teams are quite right to point out the inadequacies of Livi plastic pitch. I am quite sure when it was installed one of the reasons would be that it would stand up better to inclement weather than grass pitches. Well that is patently shite. 

Motherwell spent over a £million on our pitch and guess what it is playable today in the same weather that the all weather pitch is not. Would rather have had some of that million to spend on players and we might not be on a 10 game winless streak. Plus County now have a few days rest ahead of our game on Tuesday whilst we no doubt pick up injuries and suspensions. 

So aye. f**k Livi and their shite plastic pitch. 

Yes because no matter where you're located, everywhere in the Country has the exact same conditions, and the other games called off today, some with grass pitches, should be on because Motherwell's is on, ok.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

31 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Can Livi not invest in some thermal covers? 
Is it any worse than conditions in Helsinki on Thursday?

Its a really frustrating call off, County  have tentatively shown an upturn in form. Livi on the other hand are struggling. This won’t be replayed until after the Jan window has opened, giving Livi the chance to regroup.

This has happened twice to us vs Livi, I would quite happily see them relegated and their drug dealing ned sacked too. If there’s one thing I hate more than shit pitches, it’s drug dealers.

Then you'd have the weight of the snow on the covers, good luck trying to lift them.

Silly boy.