**The Official P&B Christmas 2023 Thread**

Wee-Bey

14 hours ago, hk blues said:

There's nothing like a cocktail stick with a silverskin onion, a chunk of beetroot, a chunk of pineapple and a chunk of cheddar - reminds me of many a Hogmanay at my Gran's place.  The food was put out early Hogmanay and was left there until about the 2nd!  

A wee square chunk of Spam to finish it off meant the was hardly any room left with which to pick it up.  I was also a lover if a but of cheddar with a bit of shortie...poor man's sweet and sour.

8 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is the steak pie on the 25th? I take it you do the twelve dishes meal, barscz, carp, sauerkraut etc the day before?

I do the steak pie for my meal on 24th, 25th and 26th if any left as I cannae stand fish but yeah , you can hardly see the tablecloth with the amount of food on the table none of which I can pronounce.  Sometimes there is 20 sitting.

7 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

A wee square chunk of Spam to finish it off meant the was hardly any room left with which to pick it up.  I was also a lover if a but of cheddar with a bit of shortie...poor man's sweet and sour.

Ah right, I forgot about the wee chink of ham.  I think it was well-night impossible to get all 5 elements on one stick so a bit of variation was required.  Agree on the shortie and cheddar combo.  Little wonder our guts were rotten by the 2nd!

9 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

I do the steak pie for my meal on 24th, 25th and 26th if any left as I cannae stand fish but yeah , you can hardly see the tablecloth with the amount of food on the table none of which I can pronounce.  Sometimes there is 20 sitting.

I'm astonished you manage to get away with steak pie on Christmas eve in Poland haha. 😄

It's meant to be a holy day of obligation when you abstain from meat. Although maybe your family aren't Catholic.

12 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'm astonished you manage to get away with steak pie on Christmas eve in Poland haha. 😄

It's meant to be a holy day of obligation when you abstain from meat. Although maybe your family aren't Catholic.

Somebody always has to bring religion into discussions about Christmas! 😐

10 hours ago, hk blues said:

Ah right, I forgot about the wee chink of ham.  I think it was well-night impossible to get all 5 elements on one stick so a bit of variation was required.  Agree on the shortie and cheddar combo.  Little wonder our guts were rotten by the 2nd!

Just apologise.

14 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Her family is not religious except for celebrating the birth of Santa Claus ;)

Not being religious caused no end of drama for Mrs SA in her school days...apparently teachers etc did not like that, even under communism.