St Johnstone v Celtic, High Noon Shootout 03/12/23

On 04/12/2023 at 13:14, PSJ.84 said:

Not quite what you meant, but they always find something 

Of course no mention of the clear St Johnstone penalty for Taylor having both his arms wrapped round Jaiyesimi during the clips until he finally let go to try and boot the ball clear but the Saints guy got there first to score. Poetic justice. 

5 hours ago, Charles Stiles said:

Of course no mention of the clear St Johnstone penalty for Taylor having both his arms wrapped round Jaiyesimi during the clips until he finally let go to try and boot the ball clear but the Saints guy got there first to score. Poetic justice. 

Yeh, because that’s how Twitter works. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's so many potential fouls in there, both ways, that its no surprise they went with the on field decision.

The reverse angle posted on Saints’ social media also shows a fairly massive shirt pull on (I think) McGowan in amongst it all.

Theres nothing there that’s worth disallowing a goal for, it’s just rotten defending and goalkeeping all round.

45 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The reverse angle posted on Saints’ social media also shows a fairly massive shirt pull on (I think) McGowan in amongst it all.

Theres nothing there that’s worth disallowing a goal for, it’s just rotten defending and goalkeeping all round.

I think that was why the cheer for the goal was so subdued. Everyone in the saints end expected it to be ruled out for something based on the way Hart reacted. So it was a surprise it wasn’t. 

4 hours ago, Widge said:

I think that was why the cheer for the goal was so subdued. Everyone in the saints end expected it to be ruled out for something based on the way Hart reacted. So it was a surprise it wasn’t. 

It all looked very clumsy and messy - if Greg Taylor wasn’t sandwiched between DJ and Hart, and therefore being the one actually making contact with the keeper, I’m quite sure it would have been ruled out.