Blue Cheek vs. Dundee, Saturday 9th December

4 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

A better idea is defenders stop pulling jerseys

But pulling a jersey isn't a itself a foul.

Referees need to be stronger with VAR and penalties in general IMO, not just when it comes to shirt pulls.

14 hours ago, bennett said:

Surely that's impossible?

Honestly it’s true, our 2 ‘loons’ are beyond a joke. I actually thought the Rangers commentary was half decent and Kevin Thomson clearly has a soft spot for us. 
I understand that nowadays shirt pulling like that is a penalty but it was genuinely the first thing my old man taught me about defending. Hold on to your guys shirt so that you can look all around to see play developing knowing you are still ‘on’ your man. Changed days. I also feel the red is in the same category. For our ‘penalty’ I initially thought it was outside the box and I haven’t seen any evidence to the contrary since. 

22 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes. 100%

https://footballcollective.org.uk/rules/is-shirt-pulling-allowed-in-football/

Just because it doesn't name shirt pulling doesn't mean it doesn't fall under a remit for refs

If you think its completely acceptable for a defender not to make any attempt to go for the ball and as such hold back an opponent who is trying to go for it, then fair enough 

But for so long defenders were getting away with murder in the box regarding shirt pulling, now they cant

15 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

If you think its completely acceptable for a defender not to make any attempt to go for the ball and as such hold back an opponent who is trying to go for it, then fair enough 

I didn't say that

52 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Honestly it’s true, our 2 ‘loons’ are beyond a joke. I actually thought the Rangers commentary was half decent and Kevin Thomson clearly has a soft spot for us. 
I understand that nowadays shirt pulling like that is a penalty but it was genuinely the first thing my old man taught me about defending. Hold on to your guys shirt so that you can look all around to see play developing knowing you are still ‘on’ your man. Changed days. I also feel the red is in the same category. For our ‘penalty’ I initially thought it was outside the box and I haven’t seen any evidence to the contrary since. 

When your defending, you'll find both players will hold shirts, its when one player doesn't make an attempt at going for the ball that then becomes the issue

Had the dundee boy yesterday ran with the rangers player and jumped for the ball, while pulling the jersey slightly, imo VAR doesn't even give it a second glance, however to simply not move for the ball and essentially stop the striker from going for it, thats where the foul comes in

Defenders really need to be smarter nowadays 

7 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

When your defending, you'll find both players will hold shirts, its when one player doesn't make an attempt at going for the ball that then becomes the issue

Had the dundee boy yesterday ran with the rangers player and jumped for the ball, while pulling the jersey slightly, imo VAR doesn't even give it a second glance, however to simply not move for the ball and essentially stop the striker from going for it, thats where the foul comes in

Defenders really need to be smarter nowadays 

Or just play for Rangers.

I look forward to the seethe the minute(if ever) the rangers concede a penalty for a shirt tug 

Like I said yesterday there is no way Dundee gets a decision like that at Ibrox ...the ref saw nothing wrong and I'd put money on it that VAR doesn't get involved if at the other end 

17 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

I look forward to the seethe the minute(if ever) the rangers concede a penalty for a shirt tug 

Like I said yesterday there is no way Dundee gets a decision like that at Ibrox ...the ref saw nothing wrong and I'd put money on it that VAR doesn't get involved if at the other end 

The same ref that was 5 yards away from the red card and only deemed it a yellow until VAR told him he'd fucked it

That ref you mean? 

Strange that we had a perfectly good goal chopped off at 3-1 because the ref stopped play early instead of letting it play out, had a yellow upgraded to a red because a ref being 5 yards away isnt deemed to have seen it properly

Yet everyone moans about the correct penalty we got

Fucking hell

Again, the ref had a perfectly good view of the penalty incident and didn't give it.  So either the ref is useless,  well it is Clancy, or he's too frightened to overrule VAR.

As for shirt pulling, holding by defenders, that happens every game outside of the penalty box, mostly,  it's the striker getting fouled but referees rarely give a foul. What's the difference with the penalty then?

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

The same ref that was 5 yards away from the red card and only deemed it a yellow until VAR told him he'd fucked it

That ref you mean? 

I'm not sure Clancy awarding a yellow for what was deemed a red card offence despite being 5 yards away quite makes the point you think it does.

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

I'm not sure Clancy awarding a yellow for what was deemed a red card offence despite being 5 yards away quite makes the point you think it does.

It does, the poster i replied to said the ref saw nothing wrong at the penalty incident, i merely showed just how fucking incompetent clancy is with 2 decisions that went against rangers, one he looked at from 5 yards away and needed a replay from 50 yards away to see it better, and the other he blew way early instead of allowing the play to go on and then come back if needed 

4 hours ago, bennett said:

A bit pointless appealing this as it was a red. 

"Rangers have launched a bid to free Jose Cifuentes for Sunday’s Viaplay Cup Final by appealing the midfielder’s red card against Dundee"

I’ve just seen this.  Why on Earth would you appeal that?   It’s a red all day long.  

That said, we’ve all seen blatant red cards appealed and overturned for no apparent reason whatsoever, so why not? 

ETA is he not, to boot, utterly dreadful and almost certainly going to be binned in the summer anyway? 

Edited by Savage Henry

On 10/12/2023 at 07:22, Caballero said:

Rangers fans singing “Kevin Clancy we know what you are” then “f**k the SFA”

Poor c***s, if only they got the odd decision in their favour eh

Off of clancy i generally cannot remember him reffing one of our games and us coming away thinking "he had a good game" 

He is absolutely dreadful