Blue Cheek vs. Dundee, Saturday 9th December

Not too disheartened if honest.

2 pieces of shoddy defending that you probably get away with elsewhere in the league and a penalty that shafted us.

Gave them plenty to worry about but as is the case a lot this season, lacking that cutting edge.

What is the point in going to games if you’re just going to leave after 75 minutes?

Didn’t expect us to get anything and so it transpired. The penalty is a penalty and why anyone thinks they are going to get away with shirt pulling like that, especially at Ibrox is beyond me. Thought the red card was also soft so no grumbles about the ref really.

Anything we got there would have been a total bonus, two really big games coming up for us now. safe travels back to Dundee to the brave few.

Thank you. 

Aye, I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with our second half performance. 
I know it’s not automatically easier against 10 men but I didn’t feel like we ever had them on the ropes when we should have been at our most aggressive. 
8 goals conceded in the 3 games since we beat St Mirren 4-0. I thought that was the day it all clicked and we’d build on that but we’re having a bit of a wobble. County next week is even bigger now. 
Hopefully with Beck back and playing an opponent at a similar level we will have enough to get another win on the board and pull further away from the scrap at the bottom. 
Onwards and upwards. 

3 hours ago, S7C said:

It’s a tactic for them at this point. Any contact in the box, throw yourself down to draw as much attention to it as possible. Can’t give them any excuse to do it.

That said, they’re never given at the other end and there are a few examples. Has to be some sort of consistency.

My Team : Celtic

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

To be brutally honest though, they’re preferable to those DeeTV morons. 

Surely that's impossible?

13 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

rangers penalty...does anyone think we'd get that at 1-1 at ibrox....naw me neither.

same with the freekick we got right on the edge of their box...imo it was on the line so penalty.

As I so eloquently highlighted on Sunday evening and having watched Scottish football since 1975, disappointingly I'm ashamed to say, nowt much changes.

giphy(2).gif.14e5523c848176a7905da22ce2bd7853.gif

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think the sending off is harsh. I really don’t know why refs are looking for reasons to send people off. 

But Dundee should have had a penalty. 

The red card is a red card nowadays tbh, but the Dundee penalty was outside the box, 

Our penalty is absolutely mental, the Dundee boy drops to one knee while holding the jumping players shirt, why defenders give a ref or VAR a chance these days to award that is mental

4 shirt pulls resulting in penalties in the last 6 weeks, all 4 incidents the players were not scoring, if the defender doesn't pull the shirt f**k all happens, 

Managers surely must be drilling it into defenders now to keep their hands down 

13 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

The red card is a red card nowadays tbh, but the Dundee penalty was outside the box, 

Our penalty is absolutely mental, the Dundee boy drops to one knee while holding the jumping players shirt, why defenders give a ref or VAR a chance these days to award that is mental

4 shirt pulls resulting in penalties in the last 6 weeks, all 4 incidents the players were not scoring, if the defender doesn't pull the shirt f**k all happens

That’s why the penalty rule should change to only be awarded only for denying a goal scoring opportunity.  If there’s an ‘off the ball’ foul in the box, it should be a direct free kick. 

46 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

4 shirt pulls resulting in penalties in the last 6 weeks, all 4 incidents the players were not scoring, if the defender doesn't pull the shirt f**k all happens, 

Dundee should’ve had a pen. 

I don’t really understand why it’s a red if the player hasn’t got much control over it. It’s a red basically because it looks bad, without him actually doing anything. VAR era pish. 

Same with the pen. Aye, technically a foul but it can seriously f**k off. 

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

rangers penalty...does anyone think we'd get that at 1-1 at ibrox....naw me neither.

I do, you cannot grab a players shirt like that in the box now that VAR is here, and if Clancy has the bollocks to send the boy off, (probably a yellow) then he will give a penalty against them, no probs. IMO.

eta freekick was right on the edge of the box as well, no pen either. IMO.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That’s why the penalty rule should change to only be awarded only for denying a goal scoring opportunity.  If there’s an ‘off the ball’ foul in the box, it should be a direct free kick. 

You cant only award penalties for goal scoring opportunities, you'd have wingers being brought down at the side of the box every single time by fullbacks knowing it is only a free kick but allows them to get their teammates back to defend 

A better idea is defenders stop pulling jerseys, same with the handball, how long did it take for defenders to realise they couldnt close down shots or crosses with their arms wide out and claim " ball to hand"