Dumbarton -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 9 December 2023)

8 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Ooh an early call off then?

That's one I can mark off my pitch management bingo card then, I'll be honest it's something thats been mentioned on here loads before and I have no idea what idea what it actually means outside of draining the pitch, presumably vertically

Your man to explain verti-draining is @Dumbarton Rock

I live but a mere fart from the stadium and the grass out my back is starting to get some puddles on it. Obviously my grass isn’t a professionally manicured carpet like The Rock (lol) but I reckon the pitch can’t be a million miles away from holding a bit of surface water if this rain doesn’t ease off a bit.

My source who is drip feeding me info live from the stadium says the pitch is completely fine… for now. 

7 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Is the streaming service any good?

Sure I have read on here before guys saying it was poor, cutting out etc.

The stream is sound. It’s a daft pixellot camera but it works fine. 

We had issues at the start of the season with the website but they have been sorted.

17 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Is the streaming service any good?

Sure I have read on here before guys saying it was poor, cutting out etc.

Did I read somewhere Mrs Neilly is about to drop? Will you be tuning in from the labour ward? 👏

*eda - obviously a labour ward which is outside the UK 😉

Edited by squeezebox-son

9 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Did I read somewhere Mrs Neilly is about to drop? Will you be tuning in from the labour ward? 👏

*eda - obviously a labour ward which is outside the UK 😉

Yes we are probably not far from popping here at some point over the weekend.

It would never be my choice for the birth to be here in Vatican City but at least I can get the stream legally.

People back home on those VPN's are the pariahs of our society.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Your man to explain verti-draining is @Dumbarton Rock

If it has been verti-drained recently it won't flood, I believe itsGavin Irons that's back doing it and he does it right. You need to go down 7 to 8 inches to reach the hard-core,  that basically leaves a hole straight through your problem part of the pitch so it drains away fine. A day like this which a soggy pitch will close most of the holes up though and your heading back to square one. That's why you need to do it at least 4 times a season on that pitch. 20 years of just the basic maintenance to blame I'm afraid. 

31 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It would never be my choice for the birth to be here in Vatican City but at least I can get the stream legally.

Would be a great day to bring a baby into this world watching Scotlands OG champions romp to victory too 🥳

All the best with it, whenever it happens.

FWIW, I applied for a new job from the labour ward (which I never got) so watching the match is much more justifiable.

42 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Stream working fine for the past 2 months more or less.No real issues.

Good luck with all the rest.

I agreed to go to watch Dulwich Hamlet at Lewes today, in possibly the most middle-class clash ever, so I won’t get to watch the stream, annoyingly. Just hope we don’t get hit with a last minute call-off at the rock.

Edited by FifeSons

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Tory bastart derby.

Oh, Dulwich is very much New Labour, Guardian reader, middle-class. Once saw a man checking the scores on the Guardian website… 

Lewes looks like a Tory bastarts constituency, though!

Edited by FifeSons

8 minutes ago, Neilly said:

A half of two halves. Dumbarton dominant and should have been ahead in that early period but last 15 minutes or so we have got a foothold and applied some pressure.

Great stream by the way.

They’ve really sorted it out from the shambles it was. Don’t tell Jan, but the commentary isn’t as good.