Your Club’s Next Manager

I think McPake's job at Dunfermline will be pretty safe this season. Our board aren't quite trigger happy and especially with two failed managers in their first year they'll not just sack for the sake of it. McPake, Cook and Meggle all seem to have a pretty good relationship, there's a long-term plan there and as we've just came up, I think the main objective will be remaining in the league and as much was said at a supporters meeting in May/June this year. Obviously they want to aim as high as possible, but everyone conceded that if we avoided the real relegation stuff we'd be satisfied.

However, if he was to go then I always fancied Ian McCall for some weird reason, no idea why, maybe something to do with him being the pantomime villain when we had our wee title challenge thing with Ayr in 2015/16, always felt like we performed better and obviously had the better outcome but when comparing him and AJ I did think McCall just had something about him.

The Petrie thing will never go away for as long as he keeps doing what he's doing at Montrose, however if he did move and that didn't go well I could see the desire for him to manage the Pars fade. That being said, if McPake did go there would be some asking for Dick Campbell to get the Pars gig so no reason why one poor stint would impact that.

For some reason I always see Derek Mcinnes managing the Pars at some point. Way above our level at the moment and no ties at all to us but it's just something I think that might happen at some point.

More realistic, I think Rhys McCabe has done really well with Airdrie. He is an ex player having won the league with us in 2015/16 so I could see how that might happen. Also Fordyce was our captain at the time so another connection there, especially if they're working together as manager/assistant.