Annan v Cove

I'll be making the long journey down to Annan this weekend to hopefully see us extend our winning streak to 8 consecutive games but given Hartley just received MotM award for November could it have the renowned negative consequence we are all aware of?

Our winning run will end eventually but we really need a strong December to keep pressure on the top 2 and aid recruits incoming in January. I will be trying to forget the 6-0 hounding we took a few years back.

The reverse fixture was the start of our winning streak. Was one way traffic at 3-0 but 2 quick fire goals by Annan certainly shook things up and made it a nervy ending. 

The last 6 doesn't look promising for the Galabankies and no wins in the last 9 in all competitions is bleak but bar the Accies game haven't lost by more than a single goal which shows they are very competitive. 8 of their 10 points picked up at home. Annan will be looking to climb above their near neighbours and out the relegation playoff spot with a win.

The postponements last weekend has hopefully worked out well for Fyvie who should be fit and will naturally return to the starting lineup. Mitch will start alongside November L1 player of the month Rumarn Burrell. 

Many will predict an away win but rarely is it that simple or a banker and I feel we'll be worked hard for any point(s)we take here. 

A win though and we'll be aiming for 10 straight with 2 home games upcoming before Christmas.

Screenshot_2023-12-06-12-32-38-61_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

No Fyvie this weekend, meeting a surgeon next week to discuss a knee injury he sustained against Mo in November. Already had a scan so it could be a considerable time on the sidelines if he needs more just physio.

Barely seen him over the last 12 months bar the 10 match unbeaten streak of late.

43 minutes ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

I mean hate to say I was right, but...

Might just have done enough to raise the standards of those around him. To be fair against Stirling in the cup we didn’t miss him although of course we are always better off with him in the side. 

Can we have a repeat of the 2019 score please? 6-1 with a hat trick from Tam Muir. Seems like a lifetime since we won a game but just doing enough to keep Queens in sight. Absolutely teeming it down just now so many of the less committed may choose to spend the afternoon in the club/Shed.

Prediction 

ANNAN 2 (Smith & Goss) COVE 0

Mon th Annan! Ca plane pour moi!

I thought we were superb today.

Burrell could have scored 4 or 5 and Yule and Scully ran the show. No complaints with the sending off and unsure why Paul McGowan got involved. The tackle was horrible but we really came into our own when we went down to 10 and the manager got it spot on.

Long trip home tonight via Mordor on the train but more than worth it. 

2 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

I thought we were superb today.

Burrell could have scored 4 or 5 and Yule and Scully ran the show. No complaints with the sending off and unsure why Paul McGowan got involved. The tackle was horrible but we really came into our own when we went down to 10 and the manager got it spot on.

Can't disagree with a word of this although possibly poorest performance I have seen by Annan this season. Wasn't helped by the abysmal refereeing and the standside lino.

You can  see the difference between league one and two teams in games like these. The size of our squad is worrying when you saw the bench today. A long ĥard winter lies ahead...