Inner monologue

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Same for me. The voice in my head is the way that I perceive myself to sound, and going by my recorded voice it's better than what others actually hear when they have to listen to my shite!!

When running through  conversations in my head, it will be my own voice and the actual voice of the other party if I know them, or a generic male/female voice if not (e.g. thinking of a scenario for an upcoming interview etc).

As for visualisation, I rarely actually remember any dreams or stuff, but I'm excellent at imagining buxom women when I'm trying to drift off.

I do that when reading too, I never realised that it was an actual thing that had a description. 

Some posters on here have voices that I read their posts in, others more generic.

My inner voice is just my regular voice, as it sounds to me. It's reading this out as I'm typing it, like an actor would when typing a letter the audience needs to know the content of. It's usually talking to me about things I need to remember to do, as I have memory problems.

Here's something I have that I don't know if everyone does - I'm pretty good at keeping a mental "bot" of people in my head. Something will happen and I'll "hear" their response; maybe even have a mental conversation about it. Pretty handy for people you don't/can't see anymore. It's nice having the ability to get advice or reassurance from my long-dead granny, for example, or even reproachment if I know she wouldn't approve of me being lazy or selfish.

Of course, all of this becomes quite dark when you realise there are people whose dead relatives tell them to kill, kill, and kill again.

I have an endless run of music in my head. This morning it was about 15 seconds of the Eagles song Get Over It, playing on a loop. It changes, but I do notice that I often tap my fingers or toes in time with the music. 

It only ever intruded on me a couple of times. Carly Ray Jepsen's Call Me Maybe kept me awake 2 nights in a row. It seemed very loud in my head, and I couldn't shake it at all. 

Right now it's the opening part of the Queen song Dragon Attack, over and over again. 

Hearing voices or even thinking in fully formed words sounds like a very slow way of thinking.

I can easily visualise images, processes, arguments etc, to the point where i have an abstract diagram in my head that confuses the shit out of other people when i try to explain to them, so i try not to. But words are clumsy and limiting. 

My wife used to ask what i was thinking before she realised that she'd get an unfiltered answer. Apparently wondering whether ducks would ever evolve teeth was an unsuitable consideration during a romantic dinner. 

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I have an endless run of music in my head. This morning it was about 15 seconds of the Eagles song Get Over It, playing on a loop. It changes, but I do notice that I often tap my fingers or toes in time with the music. 

It only ever intruded on me a couple of times. Carly Ray Jepsen's Call Me Maybe kept me awake 2 nights in a row. It seemed very loud in my head, and I couldn't shake it at all. 

Right now it's the opening part of the Queen song Dragon Attack, over and over again. 

One time when I was 9 I went through crying to my Mum twice in one night because I couldn't get the Dundee United song "It's United" out of my head. I've never told anyone this for fear they played it around me but I don't know any of you c***s so it's all g.

7 hours ago, coprolite said:

My wife used to ask what i was thinking before she realised that she'd get an unfiltered answer. Apparently wondering whether ducks would ever evolve teeth was an unsuitable consideration during a romantic dinner. 

My ex once asked me what I was thinking and I replied with something daft. She was raging and was like "YOU THINK OF STUPID SHITE LIKE THAT WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME?!?".