edinburgh city vs the binos

16 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

There might be more to it than I know but surely ground sharing AP with Spartans would have been a better plan?

They were having to play Friday night at AP, as they were 3rd in line behind Spartans and Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale... Hearts B have now taken City's place on Friday, so they'd presumably have to go 4th in line (currently used by Spartans U20s); else go 2nd in line on Sunday afternoon behind Spartans Women (at least I think 2nd in line is free after Hibs and then City's own ladies moved into Meadowbank?).

Meggetland is already fully taken-up with Boroughmuir Bears, Tynecastle and Boroughmuir RFC.

Civil Service Strollers don't have a tenant and Saughton Enclosure is currently unused but neither really represents an improvement.

Edinburgh Gunners stadium behind Murrayfield presumably 'unrealistic'?

Leaves you with Edinburgh University at New East Peffermill:

image.png.70d11986ff29e5f32a024d81e942feb9.png

EdinUni28.png

or Watsonians at Myreside:

1691764894642?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=Bo7p

sunny-myreside.36f260b460e57d2043315a3ab

37 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Edinburgh Gunners stadium behind Murrayfield presumably 'unrealistic'?

Not having a go at you as you have only put this as a suggestion but the sense of entitlement of some football fans towards the Murrayfield stadia is unreal. Privately owned facilities which I doubt the SRU would offer unless serious coin was involved and that’s before even things like markings and branding are looked at.

might as well suggest a ground share at ER or Tynecastle.

Edited by Carmel Wafer

35 minutes ago, Carmel Wafer said:

Not having a go at you as you have only put this as a suggestion but the sense of entitlement of some football fans towards the Murrayfield stadia is unreal. Privately owned facilities which I doubt the SRU would offer unless serious coin was involved and that’s before even things like markings and branding are looked at.

might as well suggest a ground share at ER or Tynecastle.

Planning application for the mini Murrayfield had it as a multi sport facility and City were in talks, until they weren't