Killie v Celtic

8 hours ago, StringVesto Slipher said:

When will Celtic seriously address the vile behaviour of a section of their fans?

At this point, given that Celtic benefit financially from these people, I can only conclude that they don't want to. 

Celtic fans, what are you doing as a club and as a fanbase to prevent this?

A more pertinent question is why on earth would any adult who condemns bigotry support Glasgow Rangers or Glasgow Celtic ? The vile idiotic element don't attach themselves to these clubs by accident. Their support has been encouraged at Ibrox and Parkhead as a business model for over a century. Rangers & Celtic have neither the will or the wisdom to rid themselves of the stain of bigotry. It's up to those who despise that bigotry to rid themselves of Rangers & Celtic.

10 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Training and games are not the same thing. Youth teams and the top league in the country aren't comparable either.

But it's essential to have your B team in the Lowland League because...

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Why would you support a team that has thousands and thousands of terrorist loving bigots supporting them then?  Aren't you better than that?  I certainly couldn't sit in amongst that shite weekly and feel I was part a a special support.   Part of going to games and supporting a football club is the camaraderie you get with fellow supporters and enjoy the good times and suffer the shite.   I don't understand a non-bigot old firm fan just sitting there listening to that and actually enjoying themselves.  

This exactly.....

11 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

One of the funniest posts I've ever read. Cheers.

You should maybe learn to read.

If you read my posts and think I'm upset about a single league loss then your deductive powers require work. :)

So rather than other clubs improving and increasing their standards, the blame lies with Celtic and Rangers. Backwards logic.

This is just made up waffle.

😂

My life is great and my club have given me some of the best moments of my life. It's an absolute joy to be a Celtic supporter. Enjoy your win though.

6 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

The sheer stupidity of it.

A completely pointless comparison.

It's a good example of trying to deflect.

2m7z1w1.gif.a8665facc060f98d1f879dfe7c0d2c41.gif

10 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Everytime there is talk of reconstruction or moves to improve the game, Why is it both your club and your evil twin are dead set against it?

Lets be honest your both more than happy to be big fishes in a small pond.

Now we are getting to the crux of it. For a while the domestic set-up suited this pair of parasites down to the ground. First and second guaranteed every season and a media deal which paid out massively top heavy towards positions 1 and 2. Not a huge amount of money still, not to them anyway. Then a big gap to third and everyone else much of a muchness. The poor financial rewards for everyone else keeps them slitting each others throats season after season and nobody really able to pull away within that ten. It was all about the Champions League money and a twenty to thirty million windfall from the group stages. Money that had another club been able to snatch, would have opened up a three horse race. Now the financials in England have increased so much, even thirty million each season is not enough to compete with the big boys. This might actually prompt some kind of change now because the cosy little system is no longer enough for them. I expect some more squealing about an Atlantic League soon.

Don’t think the IRA stuff is a relevant or helpful retort to the pitch shite. 

The real question for Celtic is if they are so concerned about driving standards in Scottish football as a whole, then what do they propose they do to allow all clubs to invest in the appropriate infrastructure so they can pay for and maintain a grass pitch whilst putting a competitive first team out on the pitch? 

5 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

He would prefer to sit among terrorist loving bigots because the team they are watching win football games would be my guess. 

Then as per usual you would be a mile off. You seem to be only capable of a binary thought process. I bet you subscribe to the notion all Celtic fans are Catholic and we are only called Sean and Liam.

I was also brought up in Dalmarnock until I was about 10 😉

5 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

To celtc games?  Bet you don't.   And if not, why not?  

I do, every year and it has never been commented on but I’ve posted about this before 

Edited by Jinky67

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t think the IRA stuff is a relevant or helpful retort to the pitch shite. 

The real question for Celtic is if they are so concerned about driving standards in Scottish football as a whole, then what do they propose they do to allow all clubs to invest in the appropriate infrastructure so they can pay for and maintain a grass pitch whilst putting a competitive first team out on the pitch? 

It’s not but it allows people to deflect away from the conversation. The question you asked is a perfectly valid one however I haven’t heard Brendan Rodgers or any of the players use the pitch as an excuse for what was a piss poor performance on Sunday unless I’ve missed something?

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s not but it allows people to deflect away from the conversation. The question you asked is a perfectly valid one however I haven’t heard Brendan Rodgers or any of the players use the pitch as an excuse for what was a piss poor performance on Sunday unless I’ve missed something?

He was on the radio pre match saying he doesn’t like it, it takes away the quality of a game and it’s not fair on the paying fans. I haven’t heard him talk about it post match. 

There’s also been multiple reports of plans to have them banned in the top flight, which if true you can probably guess where it’s being driven from. 

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Then as per usual you would be a mile off. You seem to be only capable of a binary thought process. I bet you subscribe to the notion all Celtic fans are Catholic and we are only called Sean and Liam.

I was also brought up in Dalmarnock until I was about 10 😉

I do, every year and it has never been commented on but I’ve posted about this before 

Not at all.  I know the majority are glory hunters or bigots though or a mixture of both.

Please see my first question and would appreciate it if you answer it please.

39 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Did he measure the length of the plastic fibres though? 

Well, this thread didn't become mind-numbingly tedious at all...

A brilliant win for the stripes, and in a very pleasing manner. I don't think I've ever seen a Killie team be as poor in the first stages of a game and then come back to not only win, but totally dominate the proceedings. As soon as we equalised there was only going to be one winner and if we had scored a couple more goals it wouldn't have been surprising. In the second half every single player in blue and white was brilliant, and while Armstrong deservedly got MOTM you could have given it to Kennedy, Lyons, Deas or Findlay to name but a few. A very good week with a very unexpected 6 points out of a possible 6 has stopped the rot and put us back in a good position after we had started to slip back down the table. As others have said, the inconsistency and away form have meant that McInnes hasn't been able to win over all of the support, but big results like that will put a hell of a lot of credit in his account. 

There have been times where I've been scunnered with him, such as the defeat to Inverness in the cup, but on the whole he has achieved all his objectives (get promoted and stay up, with the addition of the League Cup run). I hope that this really is the start of a consistent run where we can finish strongly before the break and then come back strongly in January in the cup.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Brendan got his comment in about the pitch in his pre match presser. Building the excuse just in case.

57 minutes ago, bennett said:

Do we just pretend that Kilmarnock's pitch isn't a poor pitch to play on?

I think it's more that we just point and laugh when an Old Firm fan hyperventilates about artificial pitches when their big shiny expensive team loses on one to a diddy.

Thistle lost 4-3 on Friday night against Raith. The pitch looked a bit odd on TV but it was a brilliant game of football which entertained everyone who watched it.  From memory there were a few comments on the match thread about the pitch (from fans of various teams) but I don't remember many/any folk tearfully calling for a national ban.

Edited by VictorOnopko

Just now, VictorOnopko said:

I think it's more that we just point and laugh when an Old Firm fan hyperventilates about artificial pitches when their big shiny expensive team loses on one to a diddy.

Thistle lost 4-3 on Friday night against Raith. The pitch looked a bit odd on TV but it was a brilliant game of football which entertained everyone who watched it.  From memory there were a few comments on the match thread about the pitch (from fans of various teams) but no one was tearfully calling for a national ban.

I haven't seen the pitch at Starks so I can't really comment on it. I mentioned the other day about Falkirks pitch looking decent and it didn't seem to affect the play in their game against Dundee United. 

The two premiership artificial pitches are terrible though and even Kilmarnock's current manager has previously slated them.

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

My question would be that how can you not be a sectarian bigot when you choose to sign up to support an institution that’s in essence sectarian and bigoted ?

Thats not aimed at any Celtic, or indeed Rangers fans in particular, it’s just an opinion.

Very obvious and entirely correct.

People get very upset when you point it out though.